Sony NEX-6 (The "mini NEX-7" about to be announced soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took you 20 minutes? LOL that's the first bloody thing I disabled when I took it out of the box!

Well, ...it took me 20 mins, menu-diving to find that option ! ;)

That said. I have problem looking for a 39mm silver CPL B+W filter... anybody knows?

Thoth said:
That said. I have problem looking for a 39mm silver CPL B+W filter... anybody knows?

Try CHIIF

tsammyc said:
Try CHIIF

Will call n check tomm. Tks.

I'm really looking forward to this camera! Been holding out on buying CSC's and Sony has finally made one I might buy. The NEX-6 just ticked most of the check boxes i'm looking for in a compact ilc. (competent viewfinder, "smaller" lens, good looks etc). Hope the pricing in SG is reasonable enough. Might have to get it from overseas if there's a better deal.

I'm really looking forward to this camera! Been holding out on buying CSC's and Sony has finally made one I might buy. The NEX-6 just ticked most of the check boxes i'm looking for in a compact ilc. (competent viewfinder, "smaller" lens, good looks etc). Hope the pricing in SG is reasonable enough. Might have to get it from overseas if there's a better deal.

Yup you just said it dude... here's finally something that seems good enough to replace a FF DSLR that I take on trips... something with a proper hotshoe to take a full flash when needed... with a zoom lens of decent wide coverage (16-50mm - 24-75mm equivalent) and a good viewfinder... I'm still waiting for a full review from either dpreview or luminous landscape before taking the plunge... it needs a test run on one of many trips overseas to see if it fulfills what I need... chief of which is good FPS to nail low light slow shots or taking shots from a moving vehicle...

BTW, the 16-50mm is considered a power zoom or pancake zoom??? I've been reading it as power zoom in dpreview I think... it allows manual ring driven zooming right??? Not some rocker button zooming powered by a motor right???

EDIT: Ok found my answer on Youtube... the power zoom classification comes about cos the lens retracts a part of the lens like in a PnS camera... the zooming can be done using a dedicated rocker on the lens body or the ring around the lens body... pretty interesting...

Last edited:
BTW, the 16-50mm is considered a power zoom or pancake zoom??? I've been reading it as power zoom in dpreview I think... it allows manual ring driven zooming right??? Not some rocker button zooming powered by a motor right???

EDIT: Ok found my answer on Youtube... the power zoom classification comes about cos the lens retracts a part of the lens like in a PnS camera... the zooming can be done using a dedicated rocker on the lens body or the ring around the lens body... pretty interesting...

As long as it get sharper image than the current 18-55mm i will go for it, =/ it's nice to have a pancake size zoom lens =D! but it's dual function .. i wonder will there any bug on it

or 6-9 months later... the zeiss lens! :bsmilie:

FF NEX!!! think not gonna buy anymore E Mount lenses...

huntzer said:
Hands on: Sony NEX-6 review - Pocket-lint

I think this is one of the first review around in the net. From the article, i gathered that the AF speed is not impressive. Not impressive at all.

Not really a surprise after the videos on YouTube. I have the feeling the on-sensor PDAF is just a marketing gag like the EOS 650 and EOS M.

m32t8103 said:
I heard someone want to go for the new 10-18mm lens~ :bsmilie:

That seems to be a great constant aperture wide angle zoom!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.