sony lens cleaning charge

chaitowkway

Sep 29, 2011
anyone knows the charge if i send my sony lens for cleaning (dust or maybe fungus)? Is it FOC if lens still under warranty? thanks!

Dust is not a manufacturing fault and fungus is a clear sign that you did something wrong. None if this is covered by any warranty. Read the fine print.

Last edited:
anyone knows the charge if i send my sony lens for cleaning (dust or maybe fungus)? Is it FOC if lens still under warranty? thanks!

As what Octarine said, cleaning won't be covered under warranty. You should call SCS to check on their pricing. The number is on Sony's website, i remember.

The number and cost is on Sony's website. would have taken you less time to browse to sony.com.sg than post this thread.

Here's a BIG hint:
1. go to www.sony.com.sg
2. Put your mouse over "Support".
3. Look! There's a link called "Service Charges".

(see how easy it is when you apply some logic?)

They will NOT clean dust if it's only a little bit (dust is normal), but if it's fungus and they need to clean it, they may charge you very little if it's in an easily accessible part of the lens, or the full servicing fee if it's in a sealed part of the lens.