Sony DSLR unveiled......

Status
Not open for further replies.

eow

Jun 22, 2004
Guys Yr worst fear/greatest joy is confirm liao :devil:
http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/11/sony-unveils-first-alpha-dslr/
firstsonyalpha.jpg

unless Sony releases press information on its website i think let's not trust any website for now (except maybe for dpreview articles haha)

dr34mc4st3r said:
unless Sony releases press information on its website i think let's not trust any website for now (except maybe for dpreview articles haha)
taken from the link
ok who wanna jump ship.....got any 35mm f/1.4 to offload?
Sony has taken the wraps off of the company's first Alpha DSLR camera and, as expected, the digicam appears to be largely based on designs from Konica Minolta, and supports all lenses that work with Konica Minolta's earlier DSLRs, the Maxxum 5D and 7D. At this point, Sony is being coy about key details, like the digicam's megapixel count or actual launch date, but the company does say the camera is still expected to ship this summer, and that it plans to release 20 new lens models over the course of the next year -- which should be a relief to any 5D and 7D owners who were worried that they'd have to toss their gear on eBay and switch to -- shudder -- Nikon or Canon.

Trust me.. if this is the new Sony DSLR and it is price around S$1000 - S$1250 with the kit lens. It will sell like a hot cake!! its 10MP is higher than 350D and size about the same and it has antishake...

hahahahaa... I think this is their target.

How many of Canon user actually started with 300D and then 10D and then 20D and then 5D and then 30D... So I think Sony is employing same principle.... Cheap one first, more buyer, semi pro version, then if they like Pro model.

Hart

THis is a true copy.....

Well...looks alright....i would get one for a spare.....body.
Looks like they will change the lens grip texture to for the Sony look and the red lens alignment indicator to orange....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey this is nice...we have more options and well more competitions so that the mainstays dun eh "corner" the prices ;)

Good morning and a happy Vesak day to everyone.

Photoshopped perhaps?

But it looks kinda real.

so... the "alpha" will be a rebadged 5...

It does look like the silhouette on Sony's website...

My biggest worry will be why they call it "alpha", leaves little room for higher end models. What are they going to call it? "Alpha2"? "Beta"?

drake336 said:
so... the "alpha" will be a rebadged 5...

It does look like the silhouette on Sony's website...

My biggest worry will be why they call it "alpha", leaves little room for higher end models. What are they going to call it? "Alpha2"? "Beta"?

Alpha? Beta? Charlie?

medallion said:
Photoshopped perhaps?

But it looks kinda real.
Looks authentic. If its fake, the person who did it really spend a lot of effort creating it.

I wonder if it can take the VC-7D vertical grip?

I wonder if the Sony Singapore has the release model here in Singapore. Anyone woking for Sony.

deslim27 said:
Isn't this 5D?:dunno:

There's talk that the picture is fake. Sony hasn't release any pictures yet.

this is the first time sony's designing team had failed terribly :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.