Sony DSC T-1 Tripod help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I have just bought my t1 last week at the IT FAIR!

But i didn't see any Black t 1 model....Stevick, u have picture of this model?!

I have several problems..i wonder if u face them too..: :dunno:

1)when i tried to on my cam at night, on certain mode like AUTO, SNOW mode...the screen will starting "flicking" ( i dunno what word i shd use) ...is it trying to capture light? However, when i change to NIGHT mode..NORMAL mode...it's ok...function as normal. do u experience this?

2) T1 batt has a very short life span of 90 mins...how u guys "tahan" with it huh? bought extra batt? any lobang for cheap buy??

3)Looking for leather casing...any good one around? coz i know Sony's casing..pretty expensive. Duhzz

4) TRipod. Stevrick>> thanks for ur info on Hakuba multipod.....i managed to find out that it's manufactured by a U.S firm....i think i will ask my bro who is in u.s to check it out for me......*pray* update u guys soon~ : :)

Aloha everyone~

fret no more...the multipod which stevick mentioned....will be in (U.S) store in APRIL. :D :sweat:

They do have an online store for us... which can ship the product directly to S'pore

GO to: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=FetchChildren&Q=&ci=4900

So make sure u go back to this website in April to check it out. :bsmilie:

should be quite expensive huh...
:bigeyes:

Stevick_Lee said:
Hi all, till date, I havent find a solution to mount diz cam on a tripod, and its real hard to take steady shots w/o tripod. So any of you guys found any clamp dat works? Pls post up any suggestions to share. Thx a dozen.

Stevick

tearss said:
2) T1 batt has a very short life span of 90 mins...how u guys "tahan" with it huh? bought extra batt? any lobang for cheap buy??

90 mins is actually pretty good for a cam this small, little battery and huge screen. My old P9 can only muster 70 mins. Still more than enough for casual shots. Of course the Casio Z30/40 can go on for something like 2.5 hours. But the pic quality is rubbish, so not much of a comparison. :blah:

bernards said:
90 mins is actually pretty good for a cam this small, little battery and huge screen. My old P9 can only muster 70 mins. Still more than enough for casual shots. Of course the Casio Z30/40 can go on for something like 2.5 hours. But the pic quality is rubbish, so not much of a comparison. :blah:
Hi there, I am looking for the battery at a cheaper price also. I went around Sim Lim and lucky Plaza... Prices quoted are even more ex than the retail price which is 97sgd. I think the reason being is that the stock is limited. :eek: Anybody knows of a better place to buy?

3)Looking for leather casing...any good one around? coz i know Sony's casing..pretty expensive. Duhzz

Hi there, I am using the original T1 leather case. very slim. Please buy this. No regrets :cheers: I bought it at song bros at 80 bucks. Can bargain.
And also if u want to buy the screen protector, you can buy it at doml in funan. Think is 4th floor. cost around 25 bucks but it is a good buy cos the screen is well protected and also crystal clear even when the protector is on. :vhappy:

bianzi said:

Hi there, I am using the original T1 leather case. very slim. Please buy this. No regrets :cheers: I bought it at song bros at 80 bucks. Can bargain.
And also if u want to buy the screen protector, you can buy it at doml in funan. Think is 4th floor. cost around 25 bucks but it is a good buy cos the screen is well protected and also crystal clear even when the protector is on. :vhappy:

bianzi~ thanks for replying! ;) frankly 90mins batt is all right for me @ the moment...coz i seldom use. ..but i'm afraid it will cause me inconvenience when i go o/sea. :confused: i will ask around...if there's good bargain i will inform u.:)

As for the leather case. how good is good?? :) currently i had a little pouch for it...at least it has some cushion in it....slightly bigger.

Screen Protector: How come u bought so expensive? :bigeyes: I bought a PDA protection sheet for only $2 @ funan. Need to trim the length a bit.but overall ok. Did you stick the sticker ONTO the screen? It shouldn't leave a big mark on the screen if you paste it for too long right? :think:

tearss said:
bianzi~ thanks for replying! ;) frankly 90mins batt is all right for me @ the moment...coz i seldom use. ..but i'm afraid it will cause me inconvenience when i go o/sea. :confused: i will ask around...if there's good bargain i will inform u.:)

As for the leather case. how good is good?? :) currently i had a little pouch for it...at least it has some cushion in it....slightly bigger.

Screen Protector: How come u bought so expensive? :bigeyes: I bought a PDA protection sheet for only $2 @ funan. Need to trim the length a bit.but overall ok. Did you stick the sticker ONTO the screen? It shouldn't leave a big mark on the screen if you paste it for too long right? :think:

I guess for the leather case, it fits nicelyand also I like the design. Cool
Mine screen protector is solely made for t1. No need to cut. very good. Although ex, it is a good buy cos the clarity is very good :)

bianzi said:
I guess for the leather case, it fits nicelyand also I like the design. Cool
Mine screen protector is solely made for t1. No need to cut. very good. Although ex, it is a good buy cos the clarity is very good :)

ok....it's still very exp. to me (leather case)..so i think i will search around..first. ;p

so i assume ur screen protection sticket is stick directly..onto the screen right? at first i still afraid by pasting it on..will leave a mark in future...THANKS!

:kiss: ;)

Hi Tearss, sorry for the late reply, heres the black Sony T-1. http://www.i4u.com/article1198.html

Oh I m using diz cam as a backup cam so the batt life is fine wif me, for me i m using a Sony Ericsson HPR-20 Headsets's pouch which compliments the compact size of the cam. Regarding the Hakuba multipod, how sure are u dat it will be in BHphotos in April? Do keep us inform bout it. ;) Anyways for the Sony AJK-THA pouch Sony Sg says dat they will b bringing it in diz April too. But still having 2nd thoughts bout it due to the bulkiness of it, wld prefer the Hakuba multipod tho.

Stevick_Lee said:
Hi Tearss, sorry for the late reply, heres the black Sony T-1. http://www.i4u.com/article1198.html

Oh I m using diz cam as a backup cam so the batt life is fine wif me, for me i m using a Sony Ericsson HPR-20 Headsets's pouch which compliments the compact size of the cam. Regarding the Hakuba multipod, how sure are u dat it will be in BHphotos in April? Do keep us inform bout it. ;) Anyways for the Sony AJK-THA pouch Sony Sg says dat they will b bringing it in diz April too. But still having 2nd thoughts bout it due to the bulkiness of it, wld prefer the Hakuba multipod tho.

Coz i email the company and the relevant dept officer told me that. ;)

tearss said:
ok....it's still very exp. to me (leather case)..so i think i will search around..first. ;p

so i assume ur screen protection sticket is stick directly..onto the screen right? at first i still afraid by pasting it on..will leave a mark in future...THANKS!

:kiss: ;)
I dun really know... but it seemed to be something like a palm protector. And after the shop guys help me stick in, wow... perfect! no bubbles at all. :angel:

Stevick_Lee said:
Eh, I think is oni the clamp itself, tripod is to be bought separately. Anyway regretted getting the T-1 to fast, luv the new black colour model of T-1 now, its even more cool. :(

WA FRIEND MUST I UPLOAD ALL MY STAFF ALSO? :D ADDIDAS,NIKE,FILA, NASI LEMAK,SAMSONITE,SONY, TOSHIBA,THOMSON,HUTAN BABI,HONDA, KFC,CF,NIKOR,SUMDEX,NEC,PAS,VIP,ETC,AYE,PTE,***,UNIQLO,BOSINI,KAO, COLGATE, SMARTMEDIA,PAPAS,FEDEX,SOKEE,EMS,DHL

C-720 said:
WA FRIEND MUST I UPLOAD ALL MY STAFF ALSO? :D ADDIDAS,NIKE,FILA, NASI LEMAK,SAMSONITE,SONY, TOSHIBA,THOMSON,HUTAN BABI,HONDA, KFC,CF,NIKOR,SUMDEX,NEC,PAS,VIP,ETC,AYE,PTE,***,UNIQLO,BOSINI,KAO, COLGATE, SMARTMEDIA,PAPAS,FEDEX,SOKEE,EMS,DHL

Nasi Lemak sounds good. But what talking about? :think:

Hi, I bought the sony T1 tripod case in Japan & it works well with the mini tripod that I bought. Also bought an additional flash Sunpak remote II that comes with a mounting that could combine the camera,flash & tripod. Good solution for night shots.

juz4fun said:
Hi, I bought the sony T1 tripod case in Japan & it works well with the mini tripod that I bought. Also bought an additional flash Sunpak remote II that comes with a mounting that could combine the camera,flash & tripod. Good solution for night shots.

juz4fun, this is great news. Could you give a rough breakdown of the amount you paid?

bernards said:
juz4fun, this is great news. Could you give a rough breakdown of the amount you paid?

Okay,here goes converting yen to sing dollar approx

Sony AJK-THA tripod case= S$54.00
SunPak Remote 2 Flash = S$64.00
Haruya tripod mini tripod = S$74.00
LCD protector = S$9.00
Check out the sunpak website for the flash
sunpak
Note that it is not necessary to buy the haruya tripod as long as the tread is 5.5mm or shorter will suffice.

juz4fun said:
Okay,here goes converting yen to sing dollar approx

Sony AJK-THA tripod case= S$54.00
SunPak Remote 2 Flash = S$64.00
Haruya tripod mini tripod = S$74.00
LCD protector = S$9.00
Check out the sunpak website for the flash
sunpak
Note that it is not necessary to buy the haruya tripod as long as the tread is 5.5mm or shorter will suffice.

Sorry juz4fun. How does the Sunpak flash work since the T1 doesn't have a hotshoe? Is there some hidden function I have not discovered yet?

bernards said:
Sorry juz4fun. How does the Sunpak flash work since the T1 doesn't have a hotshoe? Is there some hidden function I have not discovered yet?

Check out the sunpak website properly & u will see that it comes with a mounting with 2 rotating knobs and one of which has a hot shoe on it.The other knob is for the camera. By the way it also can be handheld or place in another location. Click for the sunpak remote pics on the website for a more detailed description.

I just read thru the pages about the secondary slave flash. Still al little blur. I guess I'll need to play with it before I understand how it works.

BTW. Now you have a very big T1 with the bracket and flash. :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.