Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1, a 10mpixel monster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
live feed but no movie?
well it reminds me of the old olympus E10/20, but slower lens.
the body looks like a KM Z5 lol
well for DSLR buyers who dun change lenses this is quite good.
but why only iso160?
no mention of AF? fast like DSLR or slow?
got AS/VR/IS option? wireless flash?

trueno said:
Hi guys,
I wonder why Sony don't want to get into the DSLR side?

They are going to collaborate with Minolta to produce the Dynax 9.. which might be using this sensor too.

reno77 said:
They are going to collaborate with Minolta to produce the Dynax 9.. which might be using this sensor too.

I have that thought too, since Minolta has a mature range of interchangeable lens as well as flash system.:)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
from side look nice, the back like sh.it.

anyway, no swivel lens = potential for failure...

You gotta be kidding me...who needs swivel lens when you got a LCD take can flip out and swivel in any directions..

reno77 said:
OT: Dynax 9D will be full frame (90% confirm), but this CMOS sensor is APS-C size, so this sensor is not going to be in Dynax 9D

But buffer level seems not too impressive leh, only 3fps up to 3 frames :( With their technology, they should be able to come out with something better....

cheersjy said:
But buffer level seems not too impressive leh, only 3fps up to 3 frames :( With their technology, they should be able to come out with something better....

they dun intend to kill themselves mah... they always leaving something for next time... 1 time do the ultimatium is not their gaming strategy. and i think this is just a 'prototype' to test market, next one would be a better one...

cheersjy said:
This is a prosumer mah. Even midrange DSLR is going at 3 frames. Like DCA mentioned they will not kill their own market. I guess they are testing the market.

BTW has anybody got any update on the Samsung cam? That one has pretty impressive features too.

still prefer my F828 ......
Personal opinion .... wont even want to throw my cash in this machine .

I was being too harsh - easily the best optics and highest SNR out of the three. Maybe shouldn't expect too much since it's sub-1K USD.

I'm just a bit worried about Nikon's D200 as the CMOS will be similar to this piece of crap - by DSLR standards.

Wah...Sony DSC-R1 is probably the best prosumer digital camera on the market now.

Status
Not open for further replies.