Sony ? Canon ? Come See !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice opinions guys . It's been said by many professional photographer to go for canon because canon has alot more 2nd hand lenses if you can't afford first hand lenses and in addition there's more places renting out canon lenses compared to sony . A downfall for sony maybe it's because of the build quality of their carl zeiss and pro G lens . Dont get me wrong , they got good build quality but not that weathersealed . Maybe because of that , lens rental shop are afraid to buy sony lenses to rent out as it may tend to get damaged easier . Not mentioning all the dust particles that get stuck at the zoom ring . But comparing canon 24-70 f2.8 and sony zeiss 24-70 f2.8 i dare to say confidently that sony zeiss has a much better quality glass , it's just that sony cameras and lenses are not really designed for REAL pro usage . Maybe sony should just let carl zeiss itself design the whole lens .

BRAND WARZ BEGIN WOOOOOOOOOO

its like
canon are the rebelioon and nikon are empire
and sony,pentax,olympus,etc are like ewoks and all those random little empires in between ahahah

btw if you couldnt figure out i'm joking... grow a pair and learn about this thing called a sense of humour...kthksbai

"Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you've over-estimated their chances!" :bsmilie:

Their cameras use CF cards, SD cards and MS cards. All their DSLR cameras have at least 1 "normal" card format.

Pentax? They make nice cameras (using Sony sensors too) but their marketshare is very small already. I'd be worried about them being shut down by Hoya.

Sony? They don't play for short-term gains. They play for the long run.

Well i am just giving analogy about the integration of the sony divisions when citing the MSPro cards.

Anyway, seeing the way they dropped the UMD off just doesnt seem right. Seem to show their fickle-mindedness. In the 1st place, the introduction is faced with lots of criticism. BUT OT already.

Sony a850 cost about S$2999 while Canon 7D cost about S$2699.
Sony is a 24.6 megapixel full frame camera while Canon is 18 megapixel crop frame (1.6x) camera . ( Both prices are NOT street price )

Which will you choose? I understand both are very different camera .
Canon=Sports
Sony = Still images

Some may even say for face sake they will buy canon because canon is more established in photography .

Well as a photographer who wants the best image quality which will you choose?

Remember the choice must also means you are considering the whole system .

You've already answered your question. The 2 cameras are created for different purposes, targeting different grps of audience.

You've already answered your question. The 2 cameras are created for different purposes, targeting different grps of audience.

Issit possible that the Canon 7D by any chance can give a better Image Quality Compared to Sony a850 ( Given that both are using similar quality lenses etc. ) ? Not comparing photography skills but just quality of image .

As long as one does not shoot wildlife or sports they should go for the Sony a850 ?

Last edited:
Aiyoh.. why you "target" Canon only? Nikon how? Nikonians might come and :kok: u hor.. better be careful. :nono:

Can't ignore them lah. Bring others into the picture too.. the more the merrier! :bsmilie:

:Later,

Issit possible that the Canon 7D by any chance can give a better Image Quality Compared to Sony a850 ( Given that both are using similar quality lenses etc. ) ? Not comparing photography skills but just quality of image .

As long as one does not shoot wildlife or sports they should go for the Sony a850 ?

are you a sony spokesperson or something mate...
if you love the sony so much by all means feel free to go do a review or something in the sony section of the forum, free speech is a right...

but really...
on behalf of all canon, nikon, pentax, olympus, leica, hasselblad, mamiya, etc, etc and possible other sony users

we really really just do not care the slightest bit if you like the a850 over the 7d

kthskbai :D:D:D:D

read about the news that Sony A230L is now only $699 RRP, A330L $899 RRP.

both comes with kit lens.

Cant think of any Nikon and Canon cameras which cost less than $900 can win the A330...

are you a sony spokesperson or something mate...
if you love the sony so much by all means feel free to go do a review or something in the sony section of the forum, free speech is a right...

but really...
on behalf of all canon, nikon, pentax, olympus, leica, hasselblad, mamiya, etc, etc and possible other sony users

we really really just do not care the slightest bit if you like the a850 over the 7d

kthskbai :D:D:D:D

Since when i said i like Sony a850 . Maybe i wrongly interpret it . I just want to know the difference . And people opinions are very welcome because it may not only benefit me , it will also benefit people who probably thinking the same thing

This is really a pointless thread. Grow up TS.

just want to share my premature opinion (if i allowed to ofcourse) :

each of camera brand has it's own plus-minus aspects, has it's own history and future, has it's own characters, has it's own comunity, etc. all of that give you varieties of option to chose. of course it is better for you to know more and try the camera first before decide which one fit more to your purpose + preferance. get more information from many sources / forums / friends / news etc but finally decide by yourself. if there are some options to chose (one), so chose it by your heart + your mind, not by your emotion / other influences. As long you are happy with the option that you chose, all plus-minus of the camera (that you've chosen) will soon become part of your style in doing photography. The happiness in doing photography is more important to me than thinking to much about the brand(s) of camera. Be happy with your choise, be happy with your shooting time, be happy with all you have and be happy with what others said about your camera/ result /etc. So hopefully you can make your best choise that will give you the happiest things in doing photography / shooting, cheer ;p

just want to share my premature opinion (if i allowed to ofcourse) :

each of camera brand has it's own plus-minus aspects, has it's own history and future, has it's own characters, has it's own comunity, etc. all of that give you varieties of option to chose. of course it is better for you to know more and try the camera first before decide which one fit more to your purpose + preferance. get more information from many sources / forums / friends / news etc but finally decide by yourself. if there are some options to chose (one), so chose it by your heart + your mind, not by your emotion / other influences. As long you are happy with the option that you chose, all plus-minus of the camera (that you've chosen) will soon become part of your style in doing photography. The happiness in doing photography is more important to me than thinking to much about the brand(s) of camera. Be happy with your choise, be happy with your shooting time, be happy with all you have and be happy with what others said about your camera/ result /etc. So hopefully you can make your best choise that will give you the happiest things in doing photography / shooting, cheer ;p

I hate to say this but WELL SAID ! :D

Actually long run or short run see the type of battery used in the camera.

Sony has introduce only 3 types for their DSLR batteries.

NP-FM55H (A100) already EOL, replaced by the below...

NP-FM500H (A100, 200, 300, 350, 700, 850 and 900) the fact that they made sure that NP-FM500H is backward compatible with A100 tells a lot. They could have just killed the A100 by pulling the plug on the battery and backward compatibility of the new battery. It has been 2 years plus and 6 models released and NP-FM500H is still the staple battery for the stable of cameras. How much commitment is there? You decide.

NP-FH50 (For A230, 330 and 380)

I think this goes to show Sony intends to be in this business for a long while. Besides this, all minolta A-Mount lenses are compatible with Sony's Alpha system. This is so unlike Sony's FMCG strategy where they would EOL not only the product but also the accessories very quickly to push adoption of newer products.

No matter which brand you chose, all cameras are capable of good results. If they weren't, why the heck would they still be in business?

Status
Not open for further replies.