sony alpha prices are the cheapest now ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good price in Malaysia. And quite convenient to make the trip across the causeway too.

As for the UK price, you'd need to remove the VAT of 15% that's included in the 1659GBP. That would make it 1442.6GBP or 7,639.41MYR. Quite an incredible price.

Anyway, as for Singapore prices, could you all keep the PMs coming in? And do let me know also which shop you bought it from.

Thanks a million. :)

Just for the record, I might have a blond moment here. The VAT you deduct, that would only be possible if you really physically buy the camera while being there, right?

Just for the record, I might have a blond moment here. The VAT you deduct, that would only be possible if you really physically buy the camera while being there, right?

If you are a tourist and buy it from a shop in the UK, you can claim back VAT (most of it anyway) on the way out of the country. Not sure what the exact procedure is.

If you buy it from an internet vendor located in the UK, it depends on the vendor's policy I think. If they want to, and if their supplier allows them to ship outside of the UK, they can offer a VAT free price.

This from the warehouseexpress website:

"VAT will not be payable on orders which are to be dispatched outside of the EU."

So i guess they are willing to take the trouble.

Haven't dug any deeper than that. Perhaps sending them an email would clarify things.

pipo999,

That was interesting info. that the street price for the A900 in Malaysia is RM8,200. As I can't buy it in UK and have tax refunded, the Malaysian price is the cheapest for me. (Although I might be better off paying the full UK proce and having full UK warranty).

I often spend long periods in Penang but have not come across a camera shop that offers good prices, can you suggest any particular shops or malls in JB or KL where I might get it for RM 8,200

Pete

In JB you will not find it, too close to Singapore and that drives up the price. In KL, visit Sungei Wang Plaza, plenty of shops making an offering around that price. A900 with VG is around 8,4K.

Alternatively, visit Low Yat Forum in the notebook/camera section and you will come across some interesting sellers.

Hi Guys,

A couple of weeks ago I sent a message saying how amazingly cheap the A900 was in UK, (£1.659, S$3,691, incl. 15% tax); it has now shot up to £1,899.99, (S$4,228, incl 15% tax).

I thought that it was too good to last :-(

Pete

so malaysia is still the cheapest if u want to get A900

Yup, but it is said that no more combi offerings are made, Ie. A900 with vertical grip.

On the other hand, I have no idea about current prices in Taiwan as I have not been there for awhile. I bought my 70-200G there when it just came out and compared to Malaysia prices I saved over 1K Singapore dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.