Sony Alpha a6500

$slighta3.jpeg

Available from Dec in USA and EU according to news.

why can't sony make an apsc camera with center EVF (its just more stable to shoot telephoto with the EVF in the center so the camera body is on my face)

why can't sony make an apsc camera with center EVF (its just more stable to shoot telephoto with the EVF in the center so the camera body is on my face)

Same **** body design year over year.

So disappointing.

typical sony, same design but ppl still buying.
release a product every 2-3 month

Should I go for A7R2 or this one? Both have IBIS which is useful for my videography needs.

Should I go for A7R2 or this one? Both have IBIS which is useful for my videography needs.

If you don't have any Sony lens yet, might as well wait for the Panasonic GH5..a video-centric camera.

A7R3 and a6800 soon

currently a7r2 and 6500 like same only sensor size diff

Last edited:

A6500 got touch screen which you might consider. A7R2 can have VG, no worries of battery running out fast. Price wise, you need to wait for it and decide yourself. :D

Thanks for your comments. The touch screen is nice to have but not a deal breaker for me. Price wise, a new A6500 is getting closer to a used A7R2. If it's US$1400, it'd be around S$2k here.

Can point me where to get used A7R2 @ S$2k? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May need to pay attention to over heating as it was in 6300. Now with IBIS it's hard to achieve better heat management

typical sony, same design but ppl still buying.
release a product every 2-3 month
Must see bigger picture. There is so much that can be improve with lenses.
The idea hear is to continue innovate sensor technology until they run out of ideas.
Just see the two other leading camera makers.
And you don't need to buy their every new camera.
Save money on good glass & improve your technique.No such thing as a perfect camera.
And enjoy photography, suppose to be a hobby for majority of us.

Can point me where to get used A7R2 @ S$2k? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol count me in too! Though to be fair to him, definition of closer can be very wide... Haha

Lol count me in too! Though to be fair to him, definition of closer can be very wide... Haha

At that price point, I assume the condition is 5/10. Will you still take it?

就看那天的心情吧。。

They make bodies but forget the lens

That is what I had been saying for a long time.
Still waiting for Sony to come up with a APSC f/2.8 zoom lens.

Sony price this at 1.4K USD - wouldn't it work to be about to be SGD pricing for A7ii ??

Still cheaper than Fujifilm XT2 and Xpro2 but they got better apsc lens line up.
Switch to there soon