Sony Alpha 300X with 2 lenses @ 1300 SGD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jingshalom

Dec 20, 2008
Hi all,

would like to seek opinion on getting Sony A300X @ 1300.

It comes with :

- Dry cabinet
- 2 4GB SD card
- 2nd batt
- Tripod
-Bag
- lens Kit
- 2 zoom lenses (18-70mm) & (55-200mm).

Any advice on it for entry-level photographers?Read the noise level is quite high.

How is it as compared to Canon cameras?

Thanks all :)

On the money side, it sounds like a good deal for an entry SLR with all the goodies. Noise level will be a penalty for me but to be frank, I rarely use above 800. Still, some exhibit noise & colour change around 400, unless it takes raw. Can you get a chance to try it out @ the shop? Take a few test shoots & max it on the LCD then compare with other brands of similar range.

1. Try reading a review. These cameras have been compared to each other.
2. Consider that there is more to a camera than more/less ISO noise. Did you consider the different live view implementations? Ergonomics? Tilting LCD screen?
3. The A300 does not use SD cards.
4. Overall, with a dry cabinet, extra batt, it's not a bad deal, but that's assuming the cards offered to you are decently high-speed MS Duo or CF cards.

Is it Dry Cabinet or Dry Box? Big difference in value...

And I agree with Rashkae, that there's more to a camera than just high ISO performance, although personally, I got myself a dSLR precisely for the better high ISO noise performance compared to a prosumer camera. =)

I got myself a dSLR precisely for the better high ISO noise performance compared to a prosumer camera. =)

Oh, PnS vs. DSLR is a whole different story altogether. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.