sony a7s ii for 4k videos?

techi

Oct 3, 2016
singapore
Hi all ,

I am new to camera, for personal 4k vlogging video,

1. For camera, sony a7s ii or a7r ii ?
I am looking at sony a7s ii.
I am also using the camera to shoot some photo(secondary) , primary focus still 4k videos, is the camera good for shooting photos?
How long the battery can last?

2. I need help on understanding the lens.
For sony a7s ii, what is the lens should I get
- (EF 24 - 105 IS II USM) the most costly
- 70-200mm
- etc
I need explanation on the lens, what are the mm?

3. I also need a stabilizer gimbal, is EC1 Beholder good?

4. I would also need a external mic, looking at rode, is VideoMic Pro sufficient?

​5. As sony a7s ii have been out for a year, is a7s iii coming out any moment?

Is there anymore things I need?
Thank you.

What are your requirements for a camera ? Is a7 series really necessary for your needs? And do note that the lenses you have stated are for the EF Mount (Canon)

What are your requirements for a camera ? Is a7 series really necessary for your needs? And do note that the lenses you have stated are for the EF Mount (Canon)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
I do not know much about camera.
I am looking for a camera to shoot 4k videos, with stablizer gimbal to hold for stable videos, external mic for recording sounds.
Basially the best camera for personal vlog. Anymore other parts I miss out?

Thank you.

Do you really need the 4k video? I suggest you read up online to learn more about video n photo techniques rather than being so bothered about the camera to get. The camera is just a tool. Any camera can get you a good shot if you know how to use it well

U mentioned want to do vlogging, so may instead want to get camera that has a flip out screen (so u able look at yourselves).
If rmb correctly, sony a7 camera only has tilted screen but not flip out?

Last edited:
2. I need help on understanding the lens.
For sony a7s ii, what is the lens should I get
- (EF 24 - 105 IS II USM) the most costly
- 70-200mm
- etc
I need explanation on the lens, what are the mm?
You want to read up here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focal_length
And do note, each camera system has their own specific mount to connect the lens to the camera. This includes the physical parameters and dimensions as well as the electrical connection. In order to have full functionality of the lens and camera you want to buy the native lenses for the respective camera system. There are are options to use lenses with a different mount system using mount adapters, but either this will result in a loss of functionality (most noticeable: aperture control) or requires expensive adapters or even physical changes to the lens (even more expensive).
In your case, best to stick to native lenses. If Sony is your choice then pick a lens of this system.

Apart from that: please help me to understand why a video blog requires 4k material when hardly anybody has the screen to watch 4k material.