Sony A7 II

Hi, is it wise to purchase a brand new a7ii now?

Or should I wait for year end?

I'm more concerned of the huge price drop after any news of the new mk III is out.

I'm more concerned of the huge price drop after any news of the new mk III is out.

If you don't need one now, then its always best to wait till next week/month/year.

If the mk3 comes out tmr at $4999 would you wait for it to drop till mk2 price today or would u be decisive and buy the mk2 immediately? Cameras are for capturing moments whether you are a pro or not. The safest way not to be concern about price drop of anything you own is not to own it in first place.

I wasn't planning to wait for the mk III to have a price drop.

I think that mk II would be suffice for me.

But... What if the mk III was announced, the possibility of mk II having a price drop like the first version.

Especially year end, really hoping for a good promotion

If not, definitely will feel a stab. Lol!

Last edited:
Yeah, same for me. Waited for A6300 then decided that it's not worth the extra money and went for A6000 with the lowered price.

That said, if you need to use it for a trip, then why wait. Price for electronic will always trend lower for old models.

Right now, I don't think I need a camera badly as I still using 600d. As I'm still learning.

I was only tempted to get the a7ii because of the IBIS and good low light performance.

I observed that A7ii was cheaper during November 2014. Afterward it was $100 more at Dec 2015.

Maybe I just hold my horse until end of November..

cheapest so far i saw for a7ii was Sony at Changi Terminal 3, still no freebies or good deals so far :(

cheapest so far i saw for a7ii was Sony at Changi Terminal 3, still no freebies or good deals so far :(

Cheapest, definitely not in Sg. Lol

Go
Then be helpful lah, give some some clues on where to get cheaper.

Across the causeway lo...ask around reputable shops in jb

Anyone knows about the A7II pricing over the causeway but in Penang? Thanks

sold of my olympus and canon 70d so that i can fund for a full frame. was only focusing on the canon 6d when i came across a7ii. after reading reviews, comparing the pros and cons, now i need advise on what is the best option for me. of course pricing plays a factor too. but both are about the same price so that's my current budget not. a7ii has IBIS and is very compact which is actually a very very good pros over the 6d.

i am a hobbyist who loves to shot. i would even call myself an amateur but i know my way around camera settings etc. i shoot mostly action figures, casual street photography and the odd family / friends event and concerts.

i still have my Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC which is my all rounder lens plus the canon 50mm 1.8. should i just get the body for 1.9k and use my current lens or get the a7ii with the kit lens. i wouldn't be able to afford any more good lens as i've decided that i just need one (or two) lens as my to go lens.

there's a promotion now for body only 1.9k or 2.3k with the 28-70 kit lens after the $200 cash back. the reason i still want to use my tamron is because of the low light conditions the lens can offer.

would be great for some advise. thank you all :)

Last edited:
sold of my olympus and canon 70d so that i can fund for a full frame. was only focusing on the canon 6d when i came across a7ii. after reading reviews, comparing the pros and cons, now i need advise on what is the best option for me. of course pricing plays a factor too. but both are about the same price so that's my current budget not. a7ii has IBIS and is very compact which is actually a very very good pros over the 6d.

i am a hobbyist who loves to shot. i would even call myself an amateur but i know my way around camera settings etc. i shoot mostly action figures, casual street photography and the odd family / friends event and concerts.

i still have my Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC which is my all rounder lens plus the canon 50mm 1.8. should i just get the body for 1.9k and use my current lens or get the a7ii with the kit lens. i wouldn't be able to afford any more good lens as i've decided that i just need one (or two) lens as my to go lens.

there's a promotion now for body only 1.9k or 2.3k with the 28-70 kit lens after the $200 cash back. the reason i still want to use my tamron is because of the low light conditions the lens can offer.

Obviously there are 2 choices...

1. To go Sony - Kit lens not gonna give you the low light ability you had. If you adapt your Tamron and canon lenses to FE mount, which you are going to lose AF and even the ability to stop down your lens (unless you get the AF adapter (more money) or those with aperture blades), you might have the low light advantage but lose the compactness. IBIS can only help so little when you are shooting in low light, you need fast lens and high ISO performance.

2. To go 6D - Personally I feel it's an "entry level" FF camera, which you might find sufficient for your uses. You have low light advantage without needing to spend more on lenses, and continue shooting in a system you are familiar (comfortable) with. FF DSLR + FF lens are not really that much bigger/heavier than FF mirrorless + FF lens.

It's all GAS, you just need to clear your mind and think straight. Why you need FF? If you have the answer and money, by all means spend that money and help out the economic LOL

With your current budget, I would advise you not to switch to Sony, mainly because of the lenses you have.

Why do u need a FF where i think 70d is gd enough of normal usage.

Obviously there are 2 choices...

1. To go Sony - Kit lens not gonna give you the low light ability you had. If you adapt your Tamron and canon lenses to FE mount, which you are going to lose AF and even the ability to stop down your lens (unless you get the AF adapter (more money) or those with aperture blades), you might have the low light advantage but lose the compactness. IBIS can only help so little when you are shooting in low light, you need fast lens and high ISO performance.

2. To go 6D - Personally I feel it's an "entry level" FF camera, which you might find sufficient for your uses. You have low light advantage without needing to spend more on lenses, and continue shooting in a system you are familiar (comfortable) with. FF DSLR + FF lens are not really that much bigger/heavier than FF mirrorless + FF lens.

It's all GAS, you just need to clear your mind and think straight. Why you need FF? If you have the answer and money, by all means spend that money and help out the economic LOL

With your current budget, I would advise you not to switch to Sony, mainly because of the lenses you have.

Why do u need a FF where i think 70d is gd enough of normal usage.
Thanks for your input but i think it came abit too late. Already have the a7ii about a few weeks now and I'm happy with my purchase.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input but i think it came abit too late. Already have the a7ii about a few weeks now and I'm happy with my purchase.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
Nice! Hows your lens lineup?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

16-50 f2.8? Thats a crop lens?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk