Sony A6300, finally!

Nope it's e mount, one of the better primes too. But be aware that the continuous focus only works on the center but of the frame. And also may not work well with the A6300. My unit doesn't play well with Sigma lenses.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

So I should get sony lens?

So I should get sony lens?
I can't tell you that, but you can bring your camera down to test to see if you like the feel of the lens and the shots If you like it and it works then by all means get it.

As a travel lens though, my experience is that, gotta take care fumbling with primes on the move. Can be inconvenient, especially if the environment is dusty.

Since you already have that nice Sigma prime that works, Sigma lenses should work on your camera. You could give their their MC-11 adaptor a try. That'd open up the Sigma Global Vision lens range to you.

Maybe bring the kit lens to compare photo quality.

ILCE-6300 Camera Firmware Update

What Does This Do?
This utility updates the ILCE-6300 camera firmware to version 1.10 and provides the following benefits:
Improves overall stability and operability of the camera
Improves stability in picture shooting mode by optimizing temperature control (effects vary according to temperature)

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=ILCE6300&upd_id=10894&os_group_id=29

ILCE-6300 Camera Firmware Update

What Does This Do?
This utility updates the ILCE-6300 camera firmware to version 1.10 and provides the following benefits:
Improves overall stability and operability of the camera
Improves stability in picture shooting mode by optimizing temperature control (effects vary according to temperature)

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=ILCE6300&upd_id=10894&os_group_id=29
Thanks for the heads up! Just updated.

What is the recommended lens for video? Not too expensive. Prefer wide and image stabilisation.

Sony 10-18 f4? 16-70 f4? Fuji 10-24mm f4 OIS looks very tempting but can use it on A6300?

Last edited:
What is the recommended lens for video? Not too expensive. Prefer wide and image stabilisation.

Sony 10-18 f4? 16-70 f4? Fuji 10-24mm f4 OIS looks very tempting but can use it on A6300?

Sony 18-105pz

Honestly, I thought of upgrading to this A6300... I use the Nex-6 now. It's a very handy size but a few problems that plague this Nex-6 are still issues for the A6300...

1) No dedicated focus point shift joystick (this a amateur camera, so this is a must)

2) Black-out time on EVF is too long

3) That tiny battery is ridiculous, I have 4 batteries, 1 original, 3 third-party. I can use all of them within half a day of shooting when on holiday. I use the EVF more than the LCD screen. The A6300 is
going to have this very poor battery life too. We need much higher energy density batteries which are possible even with that tiny form factor.

4) The charging time for the battery of such small capacity is way too long... there's Fast Charge, Quick Charge, etc techs now... it should take only 30 min to charge full at its capacity. Give us a quick charger. Sony is a battery expert with its own R&D unit... don't see what the problem is.

5) No decent travel lens... the only one that has enough width and reach is the CZ 16-70 mm which equivalent to 24-105 mm... the sweet spot... but it costs an arm and a leg for what is essentially a holiday camera... and it's super difficult to find, either new or second hand.

So I'm waiting out for the next iteration to fix all these issues... hopefully... not very hopeful though...

anyone had put the screen protector on?

can I know when can I get it and the price of it.

I'm always using the remote app and taking pictures via phone. However, the wifi range becomes a problem most of the time. Anybody here know if there is like any wifi extender range for Sony cameras? Thanks in advance!

Anyone knows if the Sony showroom at 313 can try the LA-EA4 adapter with the a6300? Want to try out my Sigma 10-20mm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk