Sony A6300, finally!

Got mine 6300 from Tk foto yesterday @$1405, with 64gb card and 2 lousy camera pouches (same model, but he gave me another as well, just take it since free.), screen protector and lens cloth. No extra batt?

Was a Nex 6 user. Researching for some time whether to upgrade to this. Bought the 16-50 pancake lens and sel55-210 with my nex 2 yrs back, only abt $1.1k total. Not long ago, got the sel 10-18f4, sigma 30f1.4, sel 50f1.8 to use with nex too. But nex was rather limiting in functions but was actually ok for me. But seeing this new model with all the great (and bad) reviews and trying it at Sony stores many times, the a6300 was really tempting. And my lenses are compatible too. Now learning and playing with all the functions and was pleased with the focus, esp the eye af and low light performances. Video thing not yet tried, later ba.

hi can i know you $1405 is body only or with len kit?

Which shoot mode is useful for beginner?

Aperture mode? Shutter mode? Superior auto mode?

Which shoot mode is useful for beginner?

Aperture mode? Shutter mode? Superior auto mode?

any mode that gets the job done is a good mode.
You can use Superior auto...if its good enough for you. Meantime... if you're interested.. you can look up and study the exposure triangle ie shutter speed/aperture/ISO. Study their relationship and how they can affect each other and your pictures.

there after you may go into A mode or S mode..

Then M mode if you want.
Myself i Shoot at A mode 85% of the times.

Hi. Im new to the sony community. I just bought the a6300. Previously used a four thirds camera. Then i was close to buying a pen-f or a em5 mk2. But ended with a6300. Only because of super fast auto focus and after lots of reviews on youtube. I paired it up with the 16-70mm which cost me a bomb. Let me just give a brief thought of the camera. Only bad things. Tons of good things already online. :)

Body:
Yes the camera has all of the latest features except 2 important ones(at least to me). Firstly, there isn't any touch screen on this! It really helps for auto focusing during video or actually everything. The touch screen would also really help with the menu which has a lot of pages. Well maybe i am not used to a sony menu so might be bias.

Second. There isnt any flip out screen. Yes it could tilt. But i dont understand why they just couldnt make it a flip out since this is an upgrade from a6000. And a camera this light, its perfect for a good selfie/wefie. Hahaha. (FYI, i still could take a selfie with 1670mm). So it is quite light to me. Yes you can pair the cam with your phone but that requires time. Totally distrupts a hype for a wefie.

Third. Maybe its just me but why isnt there any charger for the battery? You have to charge your battery through your camera body. This means your camera is out of the dry cabinet when it charges. Plus the battery doesnt last either. So it is a downside that you need to buy an external charger.

Lens:
Just a reminder i was from 4/3. And for those who didnt know, the 4/3 lenses are freakishly sharp. So this might be a lil bias. But here it goes. The lens is too expensive for the quality. Im not saying it isnt good. Its sharp(expected from a zeiss). Its compact and quite light. But the price wasnt attractive. I still got it though because of the range. It is perfect for casual outings. Eg. Dating, family gathering.

So the a6300 is packed with features. And i apologise if my post affected anyone badly. Im just sharing my thought. Overall, i didnt regret buying this, but i am not satisfied either. Haha. Perhaps i could have gotten a full frame A7 with the price i paid for thats why. But for a mirrorless camera, this is the best thus far(compared base on specs). I am just awed by the AF which is freakishly fast. And the silent shooting mode. No sound at all. TOTALLY SILENT.

Fyi, as i said earlier i was deciding between this and the olympus. Olympus sure is gorgeous. But i was mainly drawn to this due to its AF. Purely the AF. 4K video doesnt do me much good. Cause i dont really need a 4K. Thanks for your time!

Your comments are all valid actually and I mostly agree with them. Only difference is that I am quite satisfied still with the A6100. (I know we are talking about A6300 but I think quite similar) Performs quite well and with good image quality with the fast primes but not the zooms. Only issue is that in low light, it can hunt a little bit which can cause you to miss shots especially since it is so fast in good light, you get caught out in low light.

$_JNJ2036.jpg
a6300, SAL70200G2
1/320 sec, f/3.5, AWB, ISO 2000, jpeg

Can I use old battery for my new A6300? my old battery are from Nex 5R. my A6300's and nex5R's batteries look same. NP-FW50

Dear Bro and Sis here,

I'm new to Sony system and now looking to grab a6300 shifting from Nikon. I would like to get advice on the lens choice between Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS and E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS.

I'm just a amature photographer who usually take photos on free times and travelling only. I don't have specific area of shooting, always a mix of people and landscape, some architecture and sports.

Thanking you in advance for your valuable advise.

Dear Bro and Sis here,

I'm new to Sony system and now looking to grab a6300 shifting from Nikon. I would like to get advice on the lens choice between Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS and E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS.

I'm just a amature photographer who usually take photos on free times and travelling only. I don't have specific area of shooting, always a mix of people and landscape, some architecture and sports.

Thanking you in advance for your valuable advise.

Im using the 16-70. Its superb walkabout lens. Great for travelling. I believe the quality is better than 18-105 too. Hence the price difference.

Which lens is good for selfie + travel? I want sharp and good as sigma 30mm f1.4. I bought a6300 body only and sigma 30mm f1,4 but not good for selfie, too narrow and cant handle AF well when doing selfie. Any recommendation?

Which lens is good for selfie + travel? I want sharp and good as sigma 30mm f1.4. I bought a6300 body only and sigma 30mm f1,4 but not good for selfie, too narrow and cant handle AF well when doing selfie. Any recommendation?

Sorry to disappoint you but there is no lens that is as sharp as the Sigma 30mm DC DN (save maybe the Sony FE 28mm F2). The 30mm focal length isn't good for selfies if you're hand holding because your arm isn't long enough.

The kitlens is actually great for your purposes due to the small size, light weight and wide 16mm focal length. The wide angle makes it easy to fit people into the frame, makes aiming easier and also the depth of field isn't super shallow so everyone will be in focus. The light weight means your arm wont shake when aiming lol.

If you want better quality than the kit lens with similar features, be prepared to pay for the 16-70 F4. I used the 18-105 F4 for travelling and it is an excellent all purpose lens but isn't ideal for selfies due to its weight.

Im using the 16-70. Its superb walkabout lens. Great for travelling. I believe the quality is better than 18-105 too. Hence the price difference.

Thank you for sharing bro :)

I've read a large scattering of reports on the 16-70's quality but the fact that so few of them are up for sale must mean something. I wanted to get that as a kit lens replacement as well as a travel walkabout lens but the price was am issue.

Ended up getting the 18-105. I quite like the quality and that long end is surprisingly useful, especially when coupled with Sony's 2x ClearImage zoom. Only thing is that it's a little heavy.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Sorry to disappoint you but there is no lens that is as sharp as the Sigma 30mm DC DN (save maybe the Sony FE 28mm F2). The 30mm focal length isn't good for selfies if you're hand holding because your arm isn't long enough.

The kitlens is actually great for your purposes due to the small size, light weight and wide 16mm focal length. The wide angle makes it easy to fit people into the frame, makes aiming easier and also the depth of field isn't super shallow so everyone will be in focus. The light weight means your arm wont shake when aiming lol.

If you want better quality than the kit lens with similar features, be prepared to pay for the 16-70 F4. I used the 18-105 F4 for travelling and it is an excellent all purpose lens but isn't ideal for selfies due to its weight.

Too late, I bought body only already. And that lens is $500. :( but I have old nex5r's 16-50mm kit len. Does it provide same quality as a6300 kit len?

Too late, I bought body only already. And that lens is $500. :( but I have old nex5r's 16-50mm kit len. Does it provide same quality as a6300 kit len?
Haha honestly, I think it's the same one.

Isn't it A mount lens?
Nope it's e mount, one of the better primes too. But be aware that the continuous focus only works on the center but of the frame. And also may not work well with the A6300. My unit doesn't play well with Sigma lenses.