Sony A6300, finally!

Finally bit the bullet and bought at TK. Hopefully can learn and use it this weekend!

You ?
Nobody will change from FF to this la , just add on will do lol
Not to mention FE lenses can be used to great effect with the 6300. If only they didn't cost as much as the body...

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

bro, can share how much you got it? pm will do

hmm... smaller, lighter, more reach, faster than most FF FE bodies etc...
thinking and asking only lol.... kinda like my current FE body though..

I used a a7rm2, then leica mp 240, and now this, the full frames were fun, but I played with hundreds of cameras so now, i got this with a 24mm sonnar.

It depends on your application. For mine, aps-c has it's advantage of having more depth of field when shooting documentary photography in low light situation. Plus, you pretty much can ignore the f8 and be there rule for fast shooting because this is one camera that can now shoot faster than a manual focus camera. There's a lot of tricks in the camera that allows you to shoot quickly; I am not sure if anyone else can confirm, but this seems like the first model where you can customised "standard" to other buttons. For all other models including the FE, you can only customised it in the center button iirc.
I used af-c wide, with. "Focus standard" customised to af/mf where this button will function as a af-s center area focus. Allows me to shoot in rapid succession very very quickly in single shot mode. This ability prompt me to get this model instead of the rx1r2. I don't even need to remove af from the shutter for this camera to function flawlessly.

If you have a FE body, this is a neat backup. It has AF priorities, has a decent in camera mic to record ambriant sounds for montages or fit a boom mic for video, so it fits my need.

Last edited:
Adobe just release Raw support for A6300 for Photoshop and Lightroom. Please update.

Reactions: The Dry Box
Recently, got the A6300, and currently using it with my Canon EF lenses plus the Metabones Speed Booster Ultra. What I can say is the AF is decent for most situation (not for sports). All my lenses gain one stop of light. My F2.8 lenses are now F2.0 and the FOV has been transformed form 1.5 crop to 1.06 crop (near full-frame). I have one native e-mount lens which is the 16-70 F4. Overall image quality, the canon lenses win hands down. But for ease of use and weight, I rather travel with the e-mount lens. 4K video is really great with full AF ability when used with the e-mount lens. But for real cinematic effect, the Canon EF lenses combi seems to give it more feel.

I used a a7rm2, then leica mp 240, and now this, the full frames were fun, but I played with hundreds of cameras so now, i got this with a 24mm sonnar.

It depends on your application. For mine, aps-c has it's advantage of having more depth of field when shooting documentary photography in low light situation. Plus, you pretty much can ignore the f8 and be there rule for fast shooting because this is one camera that can now shoot faster than a manual focus camera. There's a lot of tricks in the camera that allows you to shoot quickly; I am not sure if anyone else can confirm, but this seems like the first model where you can customised "standard" to other buttons. For all other models including the FE, you can only customised it in the center button iirc.
I used af-c wide, with. "Focus standard" customised to af/mf where this button will function as a af-s center area focus. Allows me to shoot in rapid succession very very quickly in single shot mode. This ability prompt me to get this model instead of the rx1r2. I don't even need to remove af from the shutter for this camera to function flawlessly.

If you have a FE body, this is a neat backup. It has AF priorities, has a decent in camera mic to record ambriant sounds for montages or fit a boom mic for video, so it fits my need.

Thanks for sharing ur exp... :)

Recently, got the A6300, and currently using it with my Canon EF lenses plus the Metabones Speed Booster Ultra. What I can say is the AF is decent for most situation (not for sports). All my lenses gain one stop of light. My F2.8 lenses are now F2.0 and the FOV has been transformed form 1.5 crop to 1.06 crop (near full-frame). I have one native e-mount lens which is the 16-70 F4. Overall image quality, the canon lenses win hands down. But for ease of use and weight, I rather travel with the e-mount lens. 4K video is really great with full AF ability when used with the e-mount lens. But for real cinematic effect, the Canon EF lenses combi seems to give it more feel.

Thks for sharing. Was thinking too if the metabones ultra speedbooster is worth the $9xx too. Now am itching to get it.

Adobe just release Raw support for A6300 for Photoshop and Lightroom. Please update.

The a6000 shadows when pushed produced green casts. The a6300 doesn't.
Also, highlight recovery gets back a lot of it's original contrast, which is nice though anything that extreme creates a far bit of noise anyway. Though the raw files are a lot tougher, and retain their original colours during push/pull. This is nice considering I shoot a lot of backlight.

Just nice after getting it, had a media launch to go to. So far, what I don't like is the lag after you take a pic and it shows the pic. Need to try to get rid of it.

Just nice after getting it, had a media launch to go to. So far, what I don't like is the lag after you take a pic and it shows the pic. Need to try to get rid of it.
You can turn that off in menu >"cog" pg2 > auto review OFF

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Woo! thanks! will post up a couple of my pics later when I get back. thanks!

[video=youtube;weVn47yppBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weVn47yppBY[/video]

Inside say the super35 in 6300 is better than a7rii super35 and 5 more megapixel =(

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday from Funan. Switched from Canon 7D. Gotta say I'm really liking the feel of a smaller cam. Now hoping to get a 35mm F/1.8 for daily use.

[video=youtube;weVn47yppBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weVn47yppBY[/video]

Inside say the super35 in 6300 is better than a7rii super35 and 5 more megapixel =(

I don't think you will see too much of a difference if your contents are not viewed on 4k tv. The true convenience for this is during 4k, your FOV is not cropped unless you are shooting ntsc 30p where you get a slight crop. The a7rm2 will have a larger 4k crop, but less rolling shutter because it has less pixels to readout.
The 6300 4k 30p mode will have less rolling shutter, since logically there's a crop, the pixel readout is definitely reduced, but you need to shoot NTSC.

Last edited: