Sony a55 vs Pentax k30

Hi guys been reading around and saw that the SLT technology runs the risk of the mirror getting dirty after a period of time. Is this a cause for concern? Is this damage irreversible or is it easily remedied?

To be honest I'm leaning slightly to the Pentax. But the way they sell their products is kinda irritating I must say. The shops do not stock the one with the WR kit lens, which is pretty lame cause you're getting a weather resistant camera. Unless you pay a premium for the 18-135 WR lens, which is priced a little outside my comfort zone. You cannot molest the camera if you purchase from the pentax web store.

And even if you purchase from the webstore, you cannot buy the white/blue one with the WR kit lens. It's just so lame the way they bundle their products.

leroyishere said:
Hi guys been reading around and saw that the SLT technology runs the risk of the mirror getting dirty after a period of time. Is this a cause for concern? Is this damage irreversible or is it easily remedied?

The pellicle mirror should be cleaned easily unless a damage/scratch has inflicted into it. Though not sure if it has same dust removal system for sensors is used for the mirrors. BTW, dust is normal for cameras specially if you change lenses frequently.

leroyishere said:
To be honest I'm leaning slightly to the Pentax. But the way they sell their products is kinda irritating I must say. The shops do not stock the one with the WR kit lens, which is pretty lame cause you're getting a weather resistant camera. Unless you pay a premium for the 18-135 WR lens, which is priced a little outside my comfort zone. You cannot molest the camera if you purchase from the pentax web store.

And even if you purchase from the webstore, you cannot buy the white/blue one with the WR kit lens. It's just so lame the way they bundle their products.

Don't be stressed out too much on wr kit lenses, you can always sell the DA-L kit lenses to replace with a standard WR lenses at the bns. These DAL lenses are just cheap lenses to keep the unit price low...

It's not a cause for concern. Easily cleaned too.