Sony 1 Hour Quick Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
go to Mustafa,

there is a quick charger 5hrs ONLY $8 NETT

if you want a intelligent micro-processor control, NON TIME-BASED ones, its only $18.

BEATS all the others hands down

the $18 microprocessor-controlled MW4798 charges 2 batteries in about 2.5 hours and 4 in 5 hours.

Originally posted by mpenza
the $18 microprocessor-controlled MW4798 charges 2 batteries in about 2.5 hours and 4 in 5 hours.

yes, solid charger for only $18

do you have any problems with the charger? When I was using it, it seems to charge batteries less on one side than the other.

Originally posted by mpenza
do you have any problems with the charger? When I was using it, it seems to charge batteries less on one side than the other.

no problem, I am using Sanyo 1700

Originally posted by Flare

Not a smart charger ley... Timer base one... sure you people like timer based chargers?

wat's the diff ? 1 hr vs 5 hrs --> time-based more smart ?

Don't think that any of the newer fast charger is time based. The 16 hr chargers are becuase they charge at 5% of the battery capacity and hence will not damage the NiMH batteries even if we are overcharging it. However fast chargers like the Sony and Rayvac monitor voltage and/or temperature and switches off if it determines that charging is complete. I tried recharging a fully charged battery and it turned itself off after a short while.

The bad think about the Sony charger is that it cannot charge odd number of batteries.

Originally posted by konei
Don't think that any of the newer fast charger is time based. The 16 hr chargers are becuase they charge at 5% of the battery capacity and hence will not damage the NiMH batteries even if we are overcharging it. However fast chargers like the Sony and Rayvac monitor voltage and/or temperature and switches off if it determines that charging is complete. I tried recharging a fully charged battery and it turned itself off after a short while.

The bad think about the Sony charger is that it cannot charge odd number of batteries.

I always thought that the Sony 1hr is a timer-based charger. Can you reconfirm, by charging a battery fully, using the Sony. Then take the battery out, switch off the charger by turning off the mains, wait about 2 mins, then turn the Sony charger on and try charging the fully charged battery to see the outcome.

Originally posted by fcpga

no problem, I am using Sanyo 1700

Where did you get your Sanyo 1700mah batteries?

Originally posted by Jayan

The Casio BC-3HA batt charger/DC adapter not bad also...comes with 4x Casio 1600mAh batt. Can output to 6v or 3.3v DC....and charges 4 x AA batts at 600mA x 4....fully-charge most 1600mAh batt in abt 3 hrs. Quite ex...abt $60 ~ $70.

Still if charging 4 x AA batts..this will be slightly faster due to the 600mA x 4.
u refering to this?
Casio_charger.jpg

AP sold me at $45.....cheap....

WoW! $45 for the Casio BC-3HA might as well get the Compact Intelli-Charger. The Compact Intelli-Charger outputs 4 x 800mah, completes charging in 2.5hrs and less and costs $40 only.

Originally posted by savvy
WoW! $45 for the Casio BC-3HA might as well get the Compact Intelli-Charger. The Compact Intelli-Charger outputs 4 x 800mah, completes charging in 2.5hrs and less and costs $40 only.

but no batteries. The Casio comes with 4 good batteries. It charges individually too (if I read the LEDs correctly).

Can someone post the specifications for the Casio charger? I don't know about the rest but I seldom see the need for charging individual batteries, unless you own a device which uses just 1 rechargeable battery.

been using the sony 1 hr charger. read somewhere thats its timer based but somehow it knows when the batteries are charged to the brim or not. like put in batteries that are charged, the sony charger cuts off. I think it is timer based but it incorporates an intelligent mechanism to detect the level of juice left in the batteries. juz my opinion anyway. :D

Originally posted by kylelam77
been using the sony 1 hr charger. read somewhere thats its timer based but somehow it knows when the batteries are charged to the brim or not. like put in batteries that are charged, the sony charger cuts off. I think it is timer based but it incorporates an intelligent mechanism to detect the level of juice left in the batteries. juz my opinion anyway. :D

There is a post about testing whether the charger is a timerbased or not. From the post, you have to fully charge a set of batteries, take out the batteries, then turn off mains of the charger, wait about 2 mins, then put the fully charge batteries in the charger and power up the charger.

I believe that above is done because the charger has a timer that says how long the fast charge mode is on. If it reaches the specification time (i.e. 1hr), it will switch to trickle charge immediately. So, by powering the charger off, you reset the timer and that tells the charger that it has not gone through the 1hr fast charge yet.

So, if the charger is intelligent, it will switch to trickle charge mode after a short while if a fully charged battery is inserted.
For timer based, the charger will fast charge the fully charged battery for the stated time before switching to trickle charge mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.