Somwhere cheap in asia for photography trip

ShiNn

Nov 26, 2006
Hi,

any recommendations where to go for cheap photography trip except western malaysia?

batam / Bintan? *juz kidding* :p
but what's your definition of cheap?

I think can consider Bangkok, Bali, Kuching/Sabah (East Malaysia)?

It is really a nice place there, do watch out for Air asia promotion. My last trip, I paid $100 including taxes from Air asia. All in all, I spend a total of $350 for 4 days 3 nights, included a rental car and a driver. :D

I even attended their street parade, crowded yet colourful and the event folks allow every GWC to follow them along the parade path. It was fun and and photo opportunity is great.

Great recommendation! :thumbsup: was planning to go either YOG or Yangon...Im tempted to go YOG though....

TS: what sort of photography do you look forward to? General tourists attractions, streets or wildlife or natural scenery?

If wildlife or natural scenery then go Eastern M'sia? Sabah has quite a few places for jungle trekking, river cruising, etc.

May I suggest Mulu cave in Sarawak? It is the largest limestone cave in the world

Considered Vietnam?

Cheap & good food - $1 can fill your stomach
Pretty safe
Friendly people (Southern Viet) - Great for portraiture .

It is really a nice place there, do watch out for Air asia promotion. My last trip, I paid $100 including taxes from Air asia. All in all, I spend a total of $350 for 4 days 3 nights, included a rental car and a driver. :D

I even attended their street parade, crowded yet colourful and the event folks allow every GWC to follow them along the parade path. It was fun and and photo opportunity is great.

I went to check...4D/3N with Air Asia return Flight / 3 Star Hotel = S$486.... ;p TEMPTING!!! :sweat:

Depends what type of photography you want

Yogyakarta - landscape mostly.
Penang - building, some cultural
Vietnam (HCMC) - venture out of HCMC to nearer cities can offer you various interesting subject.
Bali (need book early) - landscape. Airasia got better timing to fly there.

just about any destination on sale by Air Asia, Tiger Air, jetstar , Lion, Valuair etc etc