Something Different, Cameron Highlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

tSkye

Nov 8, 2005
Farrer Park
Something Different, Cameron Highlands

A short trip to Cameron Highlands was needed after a very stressful and hectic year.
It was supposed to be relaxing to enjoy the cool breeze and fresh air.
After 8 hours of driving and some winding road with congestion, I was starting to doubt.
Thank goodness for perseverance and faith.

-

cam1a.jpg

Atop Mount Brinchang, Cameron Highlands, Malaysia

-​

The ride up was perilous with sharp bends, steep cliffs, narrow roads and potholes.
The journey up took about 45 minutes, traveling slowly in gear 2. Torchlights required.
In total darkness at midnight, there was a sparse amount of cars.
Thankfully, because if another car came in the opposite direction, we're screwed.

Unlike Genting which is more built up, Cameron Highlands is made up of several sparsely populated settlements.
The two towns are mainly Tanah Ratah and Brinchang, both about half an hour's drive from each other.
So throw out the playing cards, skip the jackpot machines and just look out the window to appreciate nature.
The air is cool and when the sun sets, the stars come out to play in magnificent and splendid grandeur.

cam2t.jpg

Nightview from Strawberry Park Resort​

Here's one standard picture taken at Cameron Valley Tea Plantation.
Lots of people visit this place as it's more easily accessible.
However, BOH Tea Estate is still packed despite the winding roads.
If one's driving, just visit both places. They are nearby anyway.
Grab a cup of tea, order some hot scones and sit there to admire the scenery.

cam3.jpg

Cameron Valley Tea Plantation​

Two nights is more than enough to rest and relax.
Do some shopping, hit the spa and visit the night markets.
Climb the hills, reach the top and admire the clouds beneath.
Once those are done, drive around past the waterfalls and head to KL.

Consider yourself fully rejuvenated.

the first one is nice, like from some fairy tale cartoon

I must say, the #1 & 2 is quite different from other CH photos.Nice. But #2 the top right corner spoil the photos...

#3 is not bad, the colour, the view is good.

Nice pic of the Boh plantation. I was there too as well as Strawberry Park but when I visited Boh, the sky was overcast. You went up through Tapah route ?

Last edited:
Indeed cameron highlands in a different light! All three shots are beautiful imho. I should visit the place again.

Thanks for sharing!

I like #1 which is very surreal. Thanks for sharing this very different perpective of Cameron Highlands :)

I must say, the #1 & 2 is quite different from other CH photos.Nice. But #2 the top right corner spoil the photos...

#3 is not bad, the colour, the view is good.

Haha, I was using a wide angled lens at the hotel.
It just so happened the nicest spot was from my window.

Nice pic of the Boh plantation. I was there too as well as Strawberry Park but when I visited Boh, the sky was overcast. You went up through Tapah route ?

Indeed cameron highlands in a different light! All three shots are beautiful imho. I should visit the place again.

Thanks for sharing!

I like #1 which is very surreal. Thanks for sharing this very different perpective of Cameron Highlands :)

Thank you for the comments.

I think the main thing was to just keep the mind open and explore.
No point rushing for sunrise and sunsets at these plantations as they aren't open then.
And do drive a 4WD manual, my car brakes and suspension can die after the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.