20020101-Iguana1.jpg

Godzilla's Child

20020101-Crane.jpg

Male and Female African Crowned Crane

20020101-Stork2.jpg

Incoming!

20020101-Stork3.jpg

Now i am flying away .....

Nice nice nice, Very nice..... one more last thing.... no more green cast liao :p

Originally posted by simon
Nice nice nice, Very nice..... one more last thing.... no more green cast liao :p

ah! but then!!! calibrated monitor leh ..... :D ;)

Ah! Nice pics darren! Seen before in hwz, but here is much faster!
Waited very very long for it to load in hwz, but it's worth it. :)

Hi Darren,

Again, decent shots. I've got to visit that reptilian section the next time I'm home... you've had some great shots from there.

Unfortunately, I feel the two stork shots have been ruined through the lost detail. The first one has lost detail in the small patch of white along the stork's flank, but also a lot of detail on the underside of the wings. The second stork has too many washed out patches of white.

First shot is easy to solve. The D1x and SB28DX should have no problem getting the fill right to allow you to retain detail and still light the undersides of the bird. Shooting with the 80-200, coverage shouldn't have been a problem. The second is a bit more problematic, Singapore sun's just too strong isn't it?

Good shooting.

Originally posted by Jed
Hi Darren,
Unfortunately, I feel the two stork shots have been ruined through the lost detail. The first one has lost detail in the small patch of white along the stork's flank, but also a lot of detail on the underside of the wings. The second stork has too many washed out patches of white.

First shot is easy to solve. The D1x and SB28DX should have no problem getting the fill right to allow you to retain detail and still light the undersides of the bird. Shooting with the 80-200, coverage shouldn't have been a problem. The second is a bit more problematic, Singapore sun's just too strong isn't it?

Good shooting.
Thanks for the comments, Jed.
I didnt use fill flash - put that down to laziness, and because I was out with the family, not really a dedicated shoot. ;)

Actually, I am still discovering the nuances of working with fill-flash - sometimes I get it right, most times its slightly off.... still learning the ropes, so to speak.

Hi Darren,

Well, if you've got an SB28DX then the camera will do a fairly good job of it. Just switch around between -0.7 and -2.0 depending on the lighting conditions, and the camera tends to do a pretty good job of it. If the subject is severely off middle grey then I would take that into consideration as well.

I miss the full flexibility of the system when I have to shoot with an AIS, non-D lens. Ah well.

Very Nice, I probably should get to the Zoo nearby to get some shots too.

Nice!

The last shot seems to be taken from a higher pespective that the subject. Is it taken from where the chicks are being kept?

Cheers,

It's an old thread. Nevertheless, all well taken shots and especially #1, amazing resolution .

Status
Not open for further replies.