some samples taken from FX9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no expert, i'm newbie and i have an fx9 too. I would be happy with those pictures. They look good to me. Did you do any post-processing?

you went japan for how many days?
don't seem like you done any post processing.

no post processing..too time wasting..haha...only resize to 640by480 by irfanview..

was in Japan for 17 days..covering Wakayama, Osaka (that's the photos of Osaka Castle), and Tokyo, and also Hayama (my gf's hometown). It's in Hayama where you can see very good view of Mt Fuji..

primary camera for me is Fuji S7000, bought the FX9 from Japan as it's only $400+
pretty good camera I would say..big screen, and good colour..and very small camera !

comparing Fx9 and my collegues Ixus55, I think FX9 is much better in term of everything except, that Ixus provide better quality photos on Bright day light. I am impressed with FX9's handling on dark places...

Hi, noticed that FX-9 does not have view finder, whereas ixus55 has. This can be useful in extreme bright conditions, where u can't see the LCD screen.

I'm still contemplating between FX9 and ixus55... need to see more sample pictures...
However, is it worth paying abit more for the LX-1 ?

cikgoo said:
Hi, noticed that FX-9 does not have view finder, whereas ixus55 has. This can be useful in extreme bright conditions, where u can't see the LCD screen.

I'm still contemplating between FX9 and ixus55... need to see more sample pictures...

Viewfinder?? you can forget about it..
I have never seen a accurate Viewfinder for point and shoot camera, except for those Electronic VF like my Fuji S7000.

FX9 have a bright screen mode by press and hold on one of the button..and it really works...couldn't see well at first...then activate the bright screen mode, and voila..can see very well..
I think Ixus55 also have this function, you know why? becos the VF is crappy..

cikgoo said:

Forget about viewfinder in Ixus55. Less than 1cm for height & width, it is very difficult to see.

As for comparing between LCD contrast, FX9 win. (Comparison made using default setting at the camera shop the other day). Battery life FX9 win. Sample of Ixus55 can download from canon Ixus website. But bear in mind that, the sample pic which taken by Canon look nice because is all studio lighting shot. Different story if every day use outdoor/indoor without special lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.