Some questions from noob..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chlnny

Dec 18, 2008
a large ccd and low mp count captures better photo.. say if i were to use a fuji f100 and put the quality to 6mp will it do a better job?

also, i found f100 light metering more sensitive as compare to canon or pana cameras.. when pointing at a same slightly brighter place indoor with both brands, the shot from f100 is underexpose.. compare to canon which is just right.. is it a good or bad thing that the light meter is very sensitive to light, be it daylight or night shots?

also, for SLR, the 18-200mm lens, what does the smaller value and the higher value means? how can i derive at the accurate zoom distance for the lens?

Thanks for answering my queries..

a large ccd and low mp count captures better photo.. say if i were to use a fuji f100 and put the quality to 6mp will it do a better job?

also, i found f100 light metering more sensitive as compare to canon or pana cameras.. when pointing at a same slightly brighter place indoor with both brands, the shot from f100 is underexpose.. compare to canon which is just right.. is it a good or bad thing that the light meter is very sensitive to light, be it daylight or night shots?

also, for SLR, the 18-200mm lens, what does the smaller value and the higher value means? how can i derive at the accurate zoom distance for the lens?

Thanks for answering my queries..

1. That's only if the sensor itself is designed as a low-mp sensor. Your concept is wrong.

2. Depends on the situation, etc. Without knowing which canon, panasonic, etc models were used, and the lighting condition, settings the cameras were at, etc, I cannot put any weight in your findings.

3. Try reading the newbie's guide to photography, or any of the 1,000+ articles you can find on google regarding "focal length". And the concept of "zoom distance" is flawed. It's angle of view you need to worry about. A 40mm-200mm is a "5x zoom" Just like a huge 100mm-500mm would be. It's the angle of view that matters.

No. it's about the physical size of the sensor, the amount of sensor elements and the resulting physical size of the single element. Just decreasing the resolution doesn't help here.

it's not about how sensitive a light meter is but about the analyzing algorithms in the camera. Also important is how you change your pointing. many factors can play a role here and without equal and defined conditions such comparison doesn't bring any useful results.

Zoom distance? There's no such thing. You can point a 20mm lens to the moon or a 500mm lens to some ants as long as you watch for the Minimum Focus Distance.
For the numbers you may want to read up here: http://photonotes.org/articles/beginner-faq/lenses.html
(It's about Canon but applicable to any other brand as well with minor changes.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.