some photos taken on my recent trip to Frankfurt/ Vienna/ Prague

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjx

Nov 16, 2002
Visit site
IMG_0179.jpg

I didnt know frankfurt/vienna/prague is all about flower, branches and cloud :)

hmmm here goes, this is my opinion, only on the 1st pic. From the pic I can sense you are standing pointing camera down towards the flowers and click click click.
Try to find different perspective, it is too messy. Try to concentrate on one or two flowers only playing with the depth of field. Good luck

from your thread title, was expecting to see photos which shows somewhat of the places you been but flowers, trees, birds and sky don't tell anything.

maybe can post photos of the local areas..?

By the way please read FAQ.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=190353

i posted wrong place .. the above have more of the buildings .. : -) sorry

and thanks for the comments .. but i was doing a close up of the macro shot liao with the A620 ... i can understand the part on one or two flower but then hor ... what about the depth .. what do u mean

Hi Hjx, thanks for posting the pics.

Here's my humble feedback. Like one of the poster mentioned earlier, historical places like Prague and Vienna ooze with character. The buildings, ppl on the street, the stone pavements, etc etc etc.

Perhaps you were on a business trip/package tour, and didn't have time to get upclose with your subjects, coz the shots you took say very very little about the character of the place.

For instance, the superb buildings were taken from a far, perhaps you wanted the whole scene to be in frame. Unfortunately, that greatly distances the subject from the viewer, and tells nothing about the subject besides the fact "I was there".

I too was a victim of squeeze-all-you-can-in-a-frame variety, especially on trips I had no control over. What did help though, was to take shots while in transit, like while on a taxi, train, etc., of the fleeting moments around you. That would've told the viewer tons about the great places you were in.

Unlike those great breathtaking shots of buildings, landscapes we see from pro shooters, we mere mortals often don't have the luxury of time to wait around our subject for the desired combination of weather, lighting, etc. So often we're jinxed by the curse of the "boring dull sky". Most of the time, the sky tends to be flat, monotonous, and simply sucks out any single thread of remaining inspiration from the foreground. To counter that, I personally found either tightly framed shots of an interesting part of a building, or a very very close wide angle shot often helps.

Hope to see more pictures from your future trips! Keep on shooting!! :D

hjx said:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=190353

i posted wrong place .. the above have more of the buildings .. : -) sorry

and thanks for the comments .. but i was doing a close up of the macro shot liao with the A620 ... i can understand the part on one or two flower but then hor ... what about the depth .. what do u mean
He meant "Depth of Field", or how much of the picture is in focus. The picture of the flower was taken with a very shallow depth of field, which was why the petals in the foreground were blurred. Wide apertures (smaller f-stop numbers such as f/2, f/2.8) give shallow depth of field, and small apertures (larger f-stop numbers such as f/8, f/16) give greater depth of field.

Hope this helps.

oh thanks these are great comments .. so building close up too .. okay ...

Status
Not open for further replies.