Some Leopard upgraders see 'blue screen of death'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed but didn't see much differences leh.

There isn't much to see since most of the visual bits aren't on most web sites. The difference is in the speed and the web sites that aren't displayed correctly now, of course. The web sites I visit don't seem any faster than with the earlier Safari 3.0.4 or Firefox 2.0.0.12 but the SunSpider benchmarks (hosted on Apple's WebKit website) show a considerable difference. The nightly builds of Safari seem faster, though.

In the end, Firefox 3 will be faster and more configurable and there still isn't anti-phishing support in Safari.

I installed but didn't see much differences leh.

There isn't much to see since most of the visual bits aren't on most web sites. The difference is in the speed and the web sites that aren't displayed correctly now, of course. The web sites I visit don't seem any faster than with the earlier Safari 3.0.4 or Firefox 2.0.0.12 but the SunSpider benchmarks (hosted on Apple's WebKit website) show a considerable difference. The nightly builds of Safari seem faster, though.

In the end, Firefox 3 will be faster and more configurable and there still isn't anti-phishing support in Safari.

Extract from

http://dmiessler.com/blog/three-powerful-safari-features-that-few-people-use

HTML and CSS elements inspection in Safari 3.1

With the latest version of Safari (3.1) you can now inspect HTML and CSS elements right from your browser. The functionality is similar to the Firebug extension for Firefox, and gives you all sorts of information that’s helpful during web development and design.

To enable the functionality just type the following into a terminal window:

defaults write com.apple.Safari WebKitDeveloperExtras -bool true

Once you’ve restarted your browser you can then right-click on various elements in the browser and select “Inspect Element”.:

Free open-source disk encryption software for Windows Vista/XP, Mac OS X, and Linux

Main Features:
Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.

Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.

Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication).

Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.

Provides two levels of plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password:

1) Hidden volume (steganography – more information may be found here).

2) No TrueCrypt volume can be identified (volumes cannot be distinguished from random data).

Encryption algorithms: AES-256, Serpent, and Twofish. Mode of operation: XTS.

glestlogo.png

Glest is a 3D real time strategy game with beautiful graphics and sounds.

Glest 3.0 Free download

You might want to change the title or start a new thread because it looks like you want to promote the idea that Leopard is unstable. :nono:

i agree....now it seems like leopard upgraders see blue screen of death with lots of cool features :bsmilie:

129_full.jpg

Download

Tremulous is a free, open source game that blends a team based FPS with elements of an RTS. Players can choose from 2 unique races, aliens and humans. Players on both teams are able to build working structures in-game like an RTS. These structures provide many functions, the most important being spawning. The designated builders must ensure there are spawn structures or other players will not be able to rejoin the game after death. Other structures provide automated base defense (to some degree), healing functions and much more...

Player advancement is different depending on which team you are on. As a human, players are rewarded with credits for each alien kill. These credits may be used to purchase new weapons and upgrades from the "Armoury". The alien team advances quite differently. Upon killing a human foe, the alien is able to evolve into a new class. The more kills gained the more powerful the classes available.

The overall objective behind Tremulous is to eliminate the opposing team. This is achieved by not only killing the opposing players but also removing their ability to respawn by destroying their spawn structures.

i agree....now it seems like leopard upgraders see blue screen of death with lots of cool features :bsmilie:

I think someone is spamming his way to Senior Member.

Leopard is stable, but it's certainly not good for me yet. I'm waiting for 10.5.3 and that should be available in 2 weeks but it's not soon enough for all the performance I've lost.

I upgraded my Ubuntu machine last night and that helped my operating system blues, but it's not working smoothly either. Maybe, getting WinXP SP3 will help. :bsmilie:

Hey,

Any good ACDSee alternative to recommend? Freeware or not also can.

You referring to the viewer only? I'm using Xee to view my photographs -- fast loading, ease of deleting / copying / moving.

129_full.jpg

Download

Tremulous is a free, open source game that blends a team based FPS with elements of an RTS. Players can choose from 2 unique races, aliens and humans. Players on both teams are able to build working structures in-game like an RTS. These structures provide many functions, the most important being spawning. The designated builders must ensure there are spawn structures or other players will not be able to rejoin the game after death. Other structures provide automated base defense (to some degree), healing functions and much more...

Player advancement is different depending on which team you are on. As a human, players are rewarded with credits for each alien kill. These credits may be used to purchase new weapons and upgrades from the "Armoury". The alien team advances quite differently. Upon killing a human foe, the alien is able to evolve into a new class. The more kills gained the more powerful the classes available.

The overall objective behind Tremulous is to eliminate the opposing team. This is achieved by not only killing the opposing players but also removing their ability to respawn by destroying their spawn structures.

I can't find the Mac version download....

Status
Not open for further replies.