Some food shots from Swensen

kengoh

Jan 23, 2004
Singapore
Didn't really like to eat Western food but find the colors pleasing so just eat to take pics. ;)

Which composition is better? :dunno:

chiangkxv

Jul 5, 2008
Tiong Bahru
www.flickr.com
The food looks nice indeed.. but i do not like the background, kinda distracting.. Perhaps taking from a higher angle, using the table as the background might be better.. :)

kengoh

Jan 23, 2004
Singapore
The food looks nice indeed.. but i do not like the background, kinda distracting.. Perhaps taking from a higher angle, using the table as the background might be better.. :)
Thanks for the comments.
Usually I like to take at a low angle to reveal shallow dof but have to agree with you this place (Chinatown branch) don't have good bokeh background :(

#4 another pic from a higher angle. :)

tansm

Mar 12, 2010
hi. which camera and lens combi did you use for these shots?

pokiemon

Mar 5, 2005
definitely not #1. u need to go above it more.

was it possible to arrange the prawns in a more systematic way? right now the plate looks very messy.

kengoh

Jan 23, 2004
Singapore
definitely not #1. u need to go above it more.

was it possible to arrange the prawns in a more systematic way? right now the plate looks very messy.
Will take note of the arrangement of food items next time. Thanks. ;)

ziploc

Jan 17, 2002
Snoopyland
Thanks for the comments.
Usually I like to take at a low angle to reveal shallow dof but have to agree with you this place (Chinatown branch) don't have good bokeh background :(

#4 another pic from a higher angle. :)
This one is a lot better, but can probably lose 1/20 at the top. The rest the backgrounds are just too messy, with too many hot spots that are distracting. :)

kengoh

Jan 23, 2004
Singapore
This one is a lot better, but can probably lose 1/20 at the top. The rest the backgrounds are just too messy, with too many hot spots that are distracting. :)
Thanks for the comments. :)
You are right, cropping 1/20 of the top will be better.

Top Bottom