Some catch on a cloudy morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccplim

Jan 6, 2004
BN
www.avianwatchasia.org
I made my way to the field when the friday night long life rain finally stopped at around 9am on saturday morning. The ground was wet, lighting was bad, the sky was cloudy and there's hardly much birds around.

These are my only catch of the day.

Pic #1 (Is this a bitten?)
20112004-001.jpg

Pic #2
20112004-004.jpg

Pic #3 (Is this a Richard's Pipit?)
20112004-008.jpg

Pic #4
This guy caught me by surprised as it just came out from nowhere when I was walking. I actually got a shock cos he was flying so close to me. Shot was taken handheld as my angle was restricted by the ballhead.
20112004-014.jpg

Bro, #1 is a yellow bittern. Nice catch! Have been trying to get a decent shot of this fella but have no success yet.

Digiman said:
Bro, #1 is a yellow bittern. Nice catch! Have been trying to get a decent shot of this fella but have no success yet.

Thanks bro! I believed I was lucky as that was the first shot of the day. This guy just happened to 'fly' out and it caught my eyes :)

Nice catches u have. :thumbsup:
The bitten sure looks like one of those little grey heron.

What is the bird in the 4th pic? Is it some kind of Kite?

Nice catch bro. But I think the first pics is either OOF or not enough DOF. On my monitor the legs seems to be OOF. Or is it me?

Nice catch there bro. 4 different species at one go, despite the bad weather. ;)

#1 - Yellow Bittern
#2 - Lesser Whistling Ducks?
#3 - Richard's Pipit
#4 - Brahminy Kite

jbma said:
Nice catch bro. But I think the first pics is either OOF or not enough DOF. On my monitor the legs seems to be OOF. Or is it me?

There seems to be abit OOF but I am not sure what causes that? :dunno: On the other hand, the eyes appears very sharp on my original.

Here is the 2nd shot of the day. Does it look slightly better?

20112004-002.jpg

Garion said:
Nice catch there bro. 4 different species at one go, despite the bad weather. ;)

#1 - Yellow Bittern
#2 - Lesser Whistling Ducks?
#3 - Richard's Pipit
#4 - Brahminy Kite

Hahaha..... thanks bro! Guessed I am just lucky as I do not want my only shooting chance of the week to be wasted and thus made my way down ;)

Btw, is the pipit a very common bird? I hardly get to notice them :embrass:

wheels said:
Nice catches u have. :thumbsup:
The bitten sure looks like one of those little grey heron.

What is the bird in the 4th pic? Is it some kind of Kite?

Thanks for the kind words bro wheels.

The bitten really looks similar to a little heron but their color are more yellowish and their size are much more smaller (I wouldn't know it if I did not seen one myself) :)

ccplim said:
Hahaha..... thanks bro! Guessed I am just lucky as I do not want my only shooting chance of the week to be wasted and thus made my way down ;)

Btw, is the pipit a very common bird? I hardly get to notice them :embrass:
Yah man...weekend shooting time is very precious to most of us....hehehe... ;p As long as no rain, must still try....you never know what you will get...

The pipit is a fairly commonly seen bird in grassland areas. Becoz of its brownish plumage and its also quite often on the ground, makes it hard to be spotted, unless its in a clearing like yours was.

ccplim said:
There seems to be abit OOF but I am not sure what causes that? :dunno: On the other hand, the eyes appears very sharp on my original.

Here is the 2nd shot of the day. Does it look slightly better?

20112004-002.jpg

Agree bro. Much better. I think our lens got mood lah.

Garion said:
The pipit is a fairly commonly seen bird in grassland areas. Becoz of its brownish plumage and its also quite often on the ground, makes it hard to be spotted, unless its in a clearing like yours was.

I see. Thanks for the clarification bro! :)

Wah... got 4 in 1 day... Got promo izzit...??? Next time must tag along with you leh.... ;p

Cheers!

Iceman27 said:
Wah... got 4 in 1 day... Got promo izzit...??? Next time must tag along with you leh.... ;p

Cheers!

Hahaha.... 4 in 1 day and that's within a short period of 2 1/2 hours :D

Status
Not open for further replies.