Some buyers go way overboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shujun7

Jan 28, 2010
Bukit Batok

EVERYBODY PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS BUYER.
I'm just sharing my experience with you and I'm really really pissed.

This is just a warning to those out there about this certain buyer by username chupss and handphone number 8382 ****.

I'm not here to flame him whatsoever (though I really wish to let loose a stream of vulgarities here) but to warn others about buyers like him.

First of all, you all know that it's always meet up to seller's convenience. I was selling a bag at $85 for collection under my void deck at $80 for collection at Bukit Gombak Mrt Station. He wanted more discount so I let him have the bag at $80 with collection at Bukit Gombak Mrt Station. We agreed on a timing - 9pm on Friday.

On Friday afternoon, he asked if I could meet at either Jurong East or Choa Chu Kang (where he lived), I said no. Then he continued to ask if we could meet earlier at 5pm-6pm and I said no again as I'm only free at 9pm.

Nearing 9pm, he said he'd be slightly late because he just went to have dinner. So I said okay sure, and left the house with the bag and reached the train station at about 9.05pm. He made me wait for 1 hour at the station giving me NO indication where he was and how long he'd take. I called him, texted him and all he said were things like:

'I just finished dinner, heading down now' (he told me this at approx 9.30pm)

'I'm at jurong east'
'Reaching soon'
'Next stop reach already'

(I damn sure the train journey from Jurong East to Bukit Gombak only takes less than 10mins and NOT MORE THAN 20mins. Plus I'm also pretty suspicious that he wasn't on the train cause the background was too silent for him to be on one but I may be wrong)

Him being late for ONE HOUR, refusing to tell me where he was exactly and give me a specific time on when he'd arrive (I hadn't had dinner, was famished and wanted to go eat ASAP), and EVEN SUGGESTING THAT WE MEET ANOTHER DAY was bad enough. What's worse was when he met me.

He didn't come from the train station barriers (he said he went to withdraw money) but came from elsewhere. Hello? Like if you came already (1hour late) at least let the seller know instead of going to withdraw money and making things worse. He came, took the bag and examined it closely.

When I tried to be nice and show him the different compartments, he snapped at me saying 'Yeah I know already.' After much inspection he actually had the nerve to say, 'Got more
discount or not?' I said no. Then he asked, 'Okay how much?' I said $80. And he said, '$80 ah? Cannot $70?' I nearly screamed at him 'NO!' but I just said 'No', took the money and left.

That guy made me wait an hour, didn't want to inform me of his whereabouts or give me a certain timing he'd reach, made me miss my dinner during that time to wait for him, and still had the nerve to ask for more discounts.

I loathe this kind of people seriously. And I can tell you guys, I went off cursing and swearing loudly after I left the train station but I did keep my temper during the meeting.
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

relax.......

this kind of person, if what you describe is entirely accurate, sooner or later life will deal him his just desserts. :)

u got patience bro....

have pmed the person mentioned to inform him.

save ed119 the trouble. :angel:

I too hate that kind of buyers! But you did well by keeping your temper and demonstrating EDUCATION. Once I was selling a couch and after many emails/calls this girl came to the apartment to pick it up (we set a price of 65) along with two guys to help her carry it. After loading the couch to her car she said "I can only offer 50" oh my GOD... I guess it is just luck of how honest and educated is the buyer you are dealing with... I always hope I would be dealing with someone like me seriously...just straight forward.

I had experience with this type of buyer before. Really gives me the goosebumps how low human beings can stoop to.

TS, there is a reason why most sellers say deal at our convenience. Ask him to sms when near the station. When he sms, then you leave the house. Happens la. That is why you need to protect yourself.

I too hate that kind of buyers! But you did well by keeping your temper and demonstrating EDUCATION. Once I was selling a couch and after many emails/calls this girl came to the apartment to pick it up (we set a price of 65) along with two guys to help her carry it. After loading the couch to her car she said "I can only offer 50" oh my GOD... I guess it is just luck of how honest and educated is the buyer you are dealing with... I always hope I would be dealing with someone like me seriously...just straight forward.

I would ask her to pay first before moving it. But in your situation, I would have asked her and her friends to move the sofa back into the house where it was if 65 is not agreeable.

hi TS.... you are lucky imho... i got worse experience...
i was suppose to meet this girl to sell off my lens... but she did't even turn up... and had the cheek to tell me that she got sms me that she wants to back out...
made me cancel my appointment and rush all the way home and bring the stuff down... and made me wait at location from more than 30mins and never show up... made me waste all the sms and calls and no replies... and in the end... i got nothing from it....

i believe in "karma"...

To all guys here please do not be onesided, of what she wrote here and complaint about what had have happened.

First of all she is very arogant of selling her bag that i told her earlier before we met at her "void deck" that we're having a dinner with my family so i sms her saying "can we deal tomorrow morning because i will be late around pass 9pm" so she replied to my sms saying " i can do it". So as we finished having dinner with my one year old son and 7mons pregnant wife pushing pram rushing to go home and take a taxi from outside. Imagine how hard we waited for taxi friday evening rush hour? I dont think so you all guys think that i am not serious buyer.

Then i met her @ bukit gombak pass 9pm as what i told her, ok i admitt that i'm late but ofcourse to secure my side coz i have cash & i'm alone i have to check first the place for security reasons. Yup i withraw cash form dbs nearby and after that i bought cigarette @ 711. Considering that i am late, she posted her bag AW200 sling shot "used only onced" but when i checked the compartments and the zipper i noticed that its been a long time being used, so i asked her "are u sure only used this bag onced" she said "yes" I told her the zipper have allot of scratches.

To make the deal go through i paid her $80 and they left without saying thank you or what so ever, even i told her sorry for the late.

So guys please don't judge me for this girl for not telling the truth as she mentioned that the bag is used only onced but the truth is not!!!

Now tell me what is wrong now.

Thank you and Regards.

Yup I believe and Karma as you do wrong! Asked all the people that i have appointment on them even in my own house i let them in... Please dont be judgemental i am so upset now for only $80? I am God fearing person... so please be carefull to her instead.

To all guys here please do not be onesided, of what she wrote here and complaint about what had have happened.

First of all she is very arogant of selling her bag that i told her earlier before we met at her "void deck" that we're having a dinner with my family so i sms her saying "can we deal tomorrow morning because i will be late around pass 9pm" so she replied to my sms saying " i can do it". So as we finished having dinner with my one year old son and 7mons pregnant wife pushing pram rushing to go home and take a taxi from outside. Imagine how hard we waited for taxi friday evening rush hour? I dont think so you all guys think that i am not serious buyer.

Then i met her @ bukit gombak pass 9pm as what i told her, ok i admitt that i'm late but ofcourse to secure my side coz i have cash & i'm alone i have to check first the place for security reasons. Yup i withraw cash form dbs nearby and after that i bought cigarette @ 711. Considering that i am late, she posted her bag AW200 sling shot "used only onced" but when i checked the compartments and the zipper i noticed that its been a long time being used, so i asked her "are u sure only used this bag onced" she said "yes" I told her the zipper have allot of scratches.

To make the deal go through i paid her $80 and they left without saying thank you or what so ever, even i told her sorry for the late.

So guys please don't judge me for this girl for not telling the truth as she mentioned that the bag is used only onced but the truth is not!!!

Now tell me what is wrong now.

Thank you and Regards.

I can't believe you even have time to buy cigarettes despite being late:bsmilie:

Anyway,for the zipper part,can you post a picture of it?If there are lots of scratches then
it's TS's fault for posting wrongly.

"I can't believe you even have time to buy cigarettes despite being late" Not the cigarette cleonbus, i have to secure my family first at home before going to met her.

I will post the picture of the zipper asap, or if you want guys i will show you the condition of the bag personally...

If i did not pay $80 as she mentioned or never showed up!!! And i think that is the big big problem....

So please lah think guys before we react...:(

"I can't believe you even have time to buy cigarettes despite being late" Not the cigarette cleonbus, i have to secure my family first at home before going to met her.

I will post the picture of the zipper asap, or if you want guys i will show you the condition of the bag personally...

No need to personally show the bag.A picture speaks a thousand words:)

No need to personally show the bag.A picture speaks a thousand words:)

Why even bother? This is between the TS and chupps.

I am glad chupps came here and presented his side of the story. We always need to hear both sides of the story.

2 weeks ago..i got this kind of experience bro...u still lucky got to deal..but me? No..

Someone dealing to buy my Sony DSLR..n we make a deal at 5 pm -6pm at the Stadium MRT station...around 5.46 pm..I waited till 8 pm..n he never turn up...I called him never answer ( He even diverted his incoming call to his friend mobile no)..I sms-ed him ,he didn't reply either...

really drove crazy...:confused::rbounce:

His ID is Xizt3nd , mobile no 82007842..He told me his name is Lewis..not sure if it's true..;(

2 weeks ago..i got this kind of experience bro...u still lucky got to deal..but me? No..

Someone dealing to buy my Sony DSLR..n we make a deal at 5 pm -6pm at the Stadium MRT station...around 5.46 pm..I waited till 8 pm..n he never turn up...I called him never answer ( He even diverted his incoming call to his friend mobile no)..I sms-ed him ,he didn't reply either...

Wha. You really have the patience sia.

Well lucky you cause you don't have to deal with the aftermath of what's happened.
As of 2nd May, the person PM-ed me the following:

"Thank you for commenting on this site, even your bag has damaged and you know by your self that you did not use the bag once as you mentioned!!!

Shame on you sister!!!"

And as of 3rd May, I received this threat via sms:

"I paid you the right amount right? So what's ur problem of posting in cs about the late? Does'nt make any sense u know. Even i want to return the bag to u, u never use it onced as i notived all the zipper got allot of scratches. I hate liar u know! But despite of the condition still i paid u coz i dont any trouble. If u want trouble? I will give it to you!"

I have tons to say here but well, judge for yourself guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.