Socket A for AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
haagen_dazs said:
what is the cost of one 1gb stick ddr333 in singapore now?

i dun think its a matter of cost, its a matter of availability... dun think anywhere sell that now... except for the laptop version...

One 1Gb-stick DDR333 for desktop PC is harder to find and costs much more than 2 x 512MB. The last time I checked was around $250 (asking price, Active Foto @SLS). You can also try Memory World, but don't think they would quote much lower.

allegro

haagen_dazs said:
i dont get it why it is so hard to find the 1gb compared to the 512mb
that is oddness.
sucks

1gb cost 250sd
how much does one 512 ddr333 cost?

cos its rare... anyway, during that era, got 1Gb ram already very tok gong liao...

haagen_dazs said:
i dont get it why it is so hard to find the 1gb compared to the 512mb
that is oddness.
sucks

1gb cost 250sd
how much does one 512 ddr333 cost?
$85 or there about.

If someone want to sell me Althon 2800+ & 512MB 266/333Mhz DDR please PM me your price.

Allegro said:
The FSB frequency can be found in the BIOS' Advanced Chipset Features (see P.61 of your MB's manual, available at Shuttle's site). If your "System Performance" field of your BIOS is set to "OPTIMAL", your FSB is auto-detected (one of these: 200/266/333/400 MHz.)

Since your MB can take only 2 slots of RAMs (max. 1gB x 2, but EX!), I reckon that the best value would be 1GB RAM (512M x2). DDR333 is most cost-effective, as you almost don't get any improvement by using the more expensive DDR400 due to the chipset used.

allegro
got a question.
i could still use ddr 400 on my chipset right? (even though it wont help)
i am trying to think forward.

i was wondering if my ddr400 memory can then be used in the future for the athlon x2 or 64bit cores if i were to upgrade by cpu and mobo...

Allegro said:
The FSB frequency can be found in the BIOS' Advanced Chipset Features (see P.61 of your MB's manual, available at Shuttle's site). If your "System Performance" field of your BIOS is set to "OPTIMAL", your FSB is auto-detected (one of these: 200/266/333/400 MHz.)

Since your MB can take only 2 slots of RAMs (max. 1gB x 2, but EX!), I reckon that the best value would be 1GB RAM (512M x2). DDR333 is most cost-effective, as you almost don't get any improvement by using the more expensive DDR400 due to the chipset used.

allegro
got a question.

i was wondering if my ddr400 memory can then be used in the future for the athlon x2 or 64bit cores if i were to upgrade by cpu and mobo...

haagen_dazs said:
got a question.

Yes, you could use DDR400 but it is still running at 333. I think the price difference is marginal.
However, the newer CPUs are likely to use the DDR2 type of RAM. So, not much use.

allegro

sn41g2 supports ddr400.... running dual channel 512s on mine :sweat:

Maybe I was not being clear enough: your MB does support RAM up to DDR400 (max, no OC involved. page 8 of your manual states: "Two 184 pin DIMM slots to supports up to 2GB of DDR200, DDR266, DDR333 and DDR400 compliant DDR SDRAM module. ") But, you can run at this speed only when ALL the RAM are of this same speed. If you have a mix of DDR333 and DDR400, then your DDR400 will have to be running at DDR333 only.

allegro

Allegro said:
One 1Gb-stick DDR333 for desktop PC is harder to find and costs much more than 2 x 512MB. The last time I checked was around $250 (asking price, Active Foto @SLS). You can also try Memory World, but don't think they would quote much lower.

allegro

$175 :sweat:

haagen_dazs said:
oh it supports ddr400???
but the specs dont say that..
care to explain?
something to do with o/c ?

nono

care to list your current components?

haagen_dazs said:
# Socket A for AMD Athlon / AMD Athlon XP / AMD Duron
# AMD processors from 600MHz to Athlon XP 2700+ or higher
# Support for 200 / 266 / 333MHz FSB

The highest you can go would be a 333MHz FSB Barton core Athlon XP 3000+ which is hard to find in the market nowadays, or with some firmware update (flashing BIOS), you might be able to run some Semprons which are still in the market.

Apparently there are some confusions between FSB of the CPU and the clock frequency of the RAM. They are related but NOT the same thing.

allegro

Allegro said:
Maybe I was not being clear enough: your MB does support RAM up to DDR400 (max, no OC involved. page 8 of your manual states: "Two 184 pin DIMM slots to supports up to 2GB of DDR200, DDR266, DDR333 and DDR400 compliant DDR SDRAM module. ") But, you can run at this speed only when ALL the RAM are of this same speed. If you have a mix of DDR333 and DDR400, then your DDR400 will have to be running at DDR333 only.

allegro
thanks alot man!!
-)
i think i will try to hunt for some 1gb stick ddr400 rams..

Klose said:
nono

care to list your current components?
i just have a XP 2600+ 1.92G on the sff mobo..
i have 2 sticks of 256 each.
i just need more memory to do raw files work.
no video card or sound card.. just using the inbuilt ones on the mobo..

just too expensive sometimes to keep buying parts and more parts :confused:

yaoxing said:
The highest you can go would be a 333MHz FSB Barton core Athlon XP 3000+ which is hard to find in the market nowadays, or with some firmware update (flashing BIOS), you might be able to run some Semprons which are still in the market.
going from 2600 to 3000 might not have a significant increase in processing power... yes no? i dont know.

interesting point about me being able to use the semprons.
what possible kind of semprons can i use?
i will try looking into this..
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.