So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

Those who take part in a mass protest will be arrested.

A group of people walking together will constitute illegal assembly.

See you in the jail. We may form a photography club in the cell. :)

We're not protesting about anything.. just excercising our options as usual ^^

If you not good in what you are doing, you need to change job lor.

If they can provide cabs for commuters as alternative means of transportation then why not?....... I guess easier to call them and inform when the MRT breaks down. :)

Yeah, until you realise your phone network also broke down :bsmilie:

In public transport you are transporting people on wheels.

In telco you are transporting people in cyberspace.

Same thing. :)

Be a strong advocate to your boss and company by championing the idea of working from home then. fast internet keeps everyone connected at the speed of light and you also reduce your transport cost and the workload on the rail system.

When life throws you lemons, make lemonade.

I think you have a higher percentage of success to make that change then to take on the big boys corporation or worst a large chunk call the govt screaming for change.

Last edited:
Unfortunately nothing much can be done..

If not happy, can try to arrange a mass boycott - everyone take private transport for one full day - motorcycle, car, bike, walk, scooter, etc.. :)

And you think they care? die die still have to come back the next day... monopoly... ok... oligopoly...

And you think they care? die die still have to come back the next day... monopoly... ok... oligopoly...

Naah they won't, but it will be a funny consolation to see their fare income graph drops to 0 in a day hehehe. Not to mention that -in case of bicycle- it'll be a healthy choice for everyone :)

Naah they won't, but it will be a funny consolation to see their fare income graph drops to 0 in a day hehehe. Not to mention that -in case of bicycle- it'll be a healthy choice for everyone :)

Welcome to Lion City.

2351074248_b46d124d68.jpg

Not to mention that -in case of bicycle- it'll be a healthy choice for everyone :)
That one I'm not so sure about. Many people haven't used a bicycle for ages, walked no more than 100m to their cars. Putting them on bicycle might bring them to hospitals on a fast track (if the paramedics don't gets tuck in traffic jams or blocked by blind car users). Currently SG hospitals are not known for running out of patients... Recently two friends of mind with fractures got send home, waiting a few days for appointments in surgery.

That one I'm not so sure about. Many people haven't used a bicycle for ages, walked no more than 100m to their cars. Putting them on bicycle might bring them to hospitals on a fast track (if the paramedics don't gets tuck in traffic jams or blocked by blind car users). Currently SG hospitals are not known for running out of patients... Recently two friends of mind with fractures got send home, waiting a few days for appointments in surgery.

Cycling in Singapore can be accident prone because of this? :bsmilie:

2.jpg

Train network, 3/4G network - all network. With all their experience running networks, they should have no problem - screwing up another network. Plus they probably expecting government subsidies.

No one able to get anywhere, able to call anyone, or know what time it is. Now they are to big to fail!

So all the fare increase, all those 'reasons' for increasing train and bus fares are nothing but a guise to raise money to start this new telco.

I once asked my boss.. why are we doing this.

It is a sunset industry/product...

His replied was"... as long as we make money. Why not?"