Snapping photos on airplane

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend, i think you need to go out and meet more people...hahahaha

10 points for imagination!
((=

I am ... but I am mixing with like minded people :bsmilie:

I've taken many photos while on the plane. No problems at all. Even for photos of the skyline through the windows, you should be able to get very good photos, provided you stick your lens as close to the window as possible. Any scratches will not affect your output as long as you do that. It's the same concept as dust on your viewfinder should not affect your output as well.

As to taking photos with air stewardess, a PnS is also less intimidating for all.

I find that having a point and shoot camera is more versatile on the plane than an SLR. So for tours, I'll always lug a PnS along.

Some skyline photos for your reference (shot with Canon IXUS 800 IS. No soft photos! :)

#1 - This was taken on my way back from Sydney to Singapore
53398056.jpg

#2 - This was taken on my way to Shanghai
67392482.jpg

#3 - Another one from SG to Shanghai
67392483.jpg
yo bro. seems like u also kenna the wings =.= i wish i never had to see the wings. photos will be nicer. especially take of landing. its beautiful

When flying over places like these, I wish I have my DSLR with me. This one snapped with my camera phone:

2009-12-30_19_59_04.jpg

one trick to minimize reflection from the windows is to actually touch your lens against the window and snap. this way your lens is perpendicular to the internal window the only chances of reflection is from the external window panel liao.

if u want clear pic, its best to be seated forward of the wings. sat behind the wings during my flight to london, my shots the lower half is slight blur compare to the top. reason is the jet trail from the engine.

yo bro. seems like u also kenna the wings =.= i wish i never had to see the wings. photos will be nicer. especially take of landing. its beautiful

u can use online check-in to see where u'll be sitting. from there can choose away from the wing one

According to my friend who is an air-stewardess..

There's no strict rules restricting photography on-board the S.I.A plane BUT different airlines varies.
Just try not to use flash when taking photos of people and people might be affected and thus, compliant.

It's best not to do it while taking off and landing (due to safety reasons). ;)

There's no strict rules restricting photography on-board the S.I.A plane BUT different airlines varies.
Just try not to use flash when taking photos of people and people might be affected and thus, compliant.

flash what? if shoot outside window it will be damn far away flash cannot reach
also imagine the reflection from the window.
cannot open the window by the way :bsmilie: we are talking normal commercial passenger airline here

When i took a flight to taiwan (to and fro), all passengers must not have any backpacks or bags of any kind on their laps or under the chair during take off and landing. All must be stowed away above...

So my dslr was stuck up there when we were landing and i saw the most beautiful sunset flashed by me. I wished i had a compact camera to put in my pockets then...

flash what? if shoot outside window it will be damn far away flash cannot reach
also imagine the reflection from the window.
cannot open the window by the way :bsmilie: we are talking normal commercial passenger airline here
If you had travelled in a commercial airliner being flown through the clouds in the darkness of the night, flashes from the anti-collision strobe lights along the wing tip can be extremely annoying.

Unfortunately windows in the cockpit does not have shades and there was this time I actually inquired with the pilot during a flight test on why is there a lighting strike in the vicinity every regular interval. Silly me. :sweat:

No problem.
I have done so. taking photo of other passenger's cute baby, or the cute air stewardess, or when the plane manouver for landing to take aerial photo of the land, taking photo of airport workers, etc, but the damn window is sometimes full of scratches the picture comes out soft.

:thumbsup: esp the cute air stewardess ;)

Propeller engine
PC203575.JPG

Fellow photographer
Raw_007.jpg

Bird eye view of the town
PC203566.JPG

Mountain & hills (er not sure if this is on plane or on bus :bsmilie:)
PC203556.JPG

... in some airlines, no camera was allowed to hold by hand during landing and takeoff.

:sweat:

... in some airlines, no camera was allowed to hold by hand during landing and takeoff.

:sweat:
In America, you have to be strap in your seats 1 hour before and after every landing and takeoff with your hands in the air, no chit chatting or visits to the lavatory allowed. :bsmilie:
Air Canada Travel Advisory said:
Air Canada Travel Advisory

Among other things, during the final hour of flight customers must remain seated, will not be allowed to access carry-on baggage, or have personal belongings or other items on their laps.
GG if your flight is only around a hour. :sweat:

I'm too obedient and turn off all electronic equipment during take-off and landing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.