Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samie

Nov 14, 2007
Hi guys,

I took this snake sometime ago. It seemed "quite harmless and calm" when I approached it.

2335106758_2377ef479d_b.jpg

ah... why does that look so much like a black cobra? HARMLESS? :bigeyes:

ah... why does that look so much like a black cobra? HARMLESS? :bigeyes:

Ha ha ha ... I said "harmless" as it wasn't reacting to my approach. :)

Ha ha ha ... I said "harmless" as it wasn't reacting to my approach. :)

IIRC, for a black spitting cobra, it need not bite or strike at you, think they normally spit their vermon out to blind their target then attack them. If in this case, then you are very lucky having your len in front acting as protection for your eyes haha

IIRC, for a black spitting cobra, it need not bite or strike at you, think they normally spit their vermon out to blind their target then attack them. If in this case, then you are very lucky having your len in front acting as protection for your eyes haha

Maybe ...:) Anyway, I kept some "safety" distance from it.

It looks more like a grass snake than a cobra to me.

You are right regarding the spitting to blind part, but its more of a defensive action, not before they attack their prey. It's more likely that they spit when trapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.