SMS Macro Outing XXXIII (Night Macro at Lower Peirce)

Status
Not open for further replies.
will go mustafa to buy the torch tml..1st floor rite? need to check something, will a 100mm f2.8 macro be enough? and my flash will be 580 exii...pls advise..

Yes, your lens is good to go for the shoot since the subjects are relatively near.
Yes, you flash is good enough. As a matter of fact, pop up flash with diffuser would do just fine.

Lot of new folks coming I see...
well your basic checklist should be
1. Camera
2. Batteries.(Sometimes you might need em)
3. Macro lens(any basic macro lens for now)
4. A diffuser for your flash(any flash, built-in or external)
5. Something to drink(avoid alcohol..water or gatorade works best)

I guess that's it.

Then if you like night macro you start investing on better torches, couple of raynox filters, start DIYing your camera etc etc.

will go mustafa to buy the torch tml..1st floor rite? need to check something, will a 100mm f2.8 macro be enough? and my flash will be 580 exii...pls advise..
I had gone to mustafa earlier looking for a good torchlight... you will have more options at challenger, homefix or simlim... couldn't find a 100 lumen torchlight at mustafa...

It takes about a week to ship from US to SG. If I need one for this Friday, that'd be too late. Any local ones can do the job?

What's LM100? Is that index for max brightness?

:sweat: too many questions :sweat:

Hi TonyT.

Dealextreme is from Hongkong, yup it will be too late for this Friday outing... actually their
shipping sucks big time...very slow...but their price quite fair with shipping, that's the trade off.
Yes 100 Lumen is the LED brightness.

Hi steve, thks for info..

Just got 1 at homefix - stated 100lm.. enough?
Will be using 105mm with sb600 flash.. what shld i prepare before the shoot?

Hi SniperTerminator.

Yup 100LM is enough.
No pressure, this is your first night Macro, come and have a look so next time you will be better prepare. :)

I had gone to mustafa earlier looking for a good torchlight... you will have more options at challenger, homefix or simlim... couldn't find a 100 lumen torchlight at mustafa...

Hi hersheydesai.

IF you can afford you can find more options at Surefire, 100 lumen torchlight easily cost $150 or more... kekeke poison you....

Please fill in your names below.

1). Stevewhy
2). PPZ
3). alf626
4). Raymond
5). TonyT
6). Icecube4u
7). Hershey ( might not come. Something wrong with camera. Shutter keeps locking up. If I can fix by friday, will come)
8). lerlind
9). sniperT (newbie - guru please guide me)
10) Lucassan

""Late Comers""
1). the rambler (can i joint after 10pm till 11pm ?)
2). Glenn

Alamak.....I gotta give a miss!!! :( am wrking OT..Sorry guys! Have fun!

Hi Steve,
Can I join tonight?
Thanks.
Mike.

Hi Steve,
Can I join tonight?
Thanks.
Mike.

Sure you are welcome Mickey76.

1). Stevewhy
2). Mickey76
3). alf626
4). Raymond
5). TonyT
6). Icecube4u
7). Hershey ( might not come. Something wrong with camera. Shutter keeps locking up. If I can fix by friday, will come)
8). lerlind
9). sniperT (newbie - guru please guide me)
10) Lucassan

""Late Comers""
1). the rambler (can i joint after 10pm till 11pm ?)
2). Glenn

See you Guys N Girls tonight. ;)

just read max 10, join you guys next round :)

Last edited:
need to give it a miss tonight :(

How much chance do we have to have a clear weather in one hour?

Guys stay nearby LPR, please keep us updated about the weather.

Oops I missed another outing because I forget to check... Gosh, bro will there be a day macro ?

Anyway enjoy the hunt guys don't forget ur jacket n umbrella

Oops I missed another outing because I forget to check... Gosh, bro will there be a day macro ?

Anyway enjoy the hunt guys don't forget ur jacket n umbrella

Sorry VainKid, most of my day Macro I do solo... only once in a blue moon I'll organize. ;)

The rain stop just before 8pm and we shoot till 11.30pm, someone doing the reverse rain
dance kekeke, have to chase some of them to get out of LP... refused to go home... hahaha ;)

Bro sorry for ot but what's the best place in the east to shoot macro day? I am a east sider :(

Status
Not open for further replies.