Smoky Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

darakusan

Oct 30, 2007
East
flickr.com

Always wanted to try this out but recently abit lazy to do the setup. Today finally got some time and get my butt moving. Following are some of the many pics i took. Hope u all like it as much as i do.

Would probably say that the attempt was successful, got what i roughly wanted =)

#1 White series

#3 Black series (i like black better. do you?)

#5 Blur because smoke is actually moving towards the lens.. but kind of like the depth

darakusan

Oct 30, 2007
East
flickr.com

#6 Mirrored series.. it seems that i see alien in all haha

#9 the big mess

Of all my favourite is #3 and #4, which are yours? :)

Jun 21, 2009
absolutely mesmerizing series! darakusan, would you mind sharing how you went about taking the shots? i'd really love to learn. :)

redmonsoon

Aug 6, 2004
Sg
#3 is fav, Pls share ur setup what what did u use for the smoke!!:)

darakusan

Oct 30, 2007
East
flickr.com
Awesome pics how did u make the smoke to have colour at first I thought it was ink LOL
Thanks! the color was added in Photoshop ;)

Glad u like it =)

absolutely mesmerizing series! darakusan, would you mind sharing how you went about taking the shots? i'd really love to learn. :)
#3 is fav, Pls share ur setup what what did u use for the smoke!!:)
Glad you all like the series!

Setup is pretty simple, have a black background, smoke was from burning joss stick, and a flash was setup to flash from the rear left of the smoke, reflector (or anything shiny) is placed on the front right of smoke area to create the 3d smoke effect. Trick is not to have any light fall on the background so it looks real black =) Camera was set to manual focus on tripod.

After that would be how you like to add the colors in photoshop =) where you creativity can run wild.

#6 and #7 are wicked! :thumbsup:
Thanks! u liked the alien looking ones ;)

B-setting

Jul 16, 2004
Equator
simple technique, but awesome results! :thumbsup::)

darakusan

Oct 30, 2007
East
flickr.com

went through the rest of the photos and picked another few... haha i just love the randomness in smoke. Sorry for the spamming of pictures!

#10 Brilliant Rose

Valjean

Jul 25, 2006
Far East
www.flickr.com
Can't pick a favourite because they are all masterfully done. Couldn't imagine the set-up being as simple as described. I've enjoyed this series. :)

dev2k8

Deregistered
Jan 7, 2009
www.flickr.com
Stunning....such simple subject but awesome impact! Thks for sharing the know how...much appreciated;)

darakusan

Oct 30, 2007
East
flickr.com
Can't pick a favourite because they are all masterfully done. Couldn't imagine the set-up being as simple as described. I've enjoyed this series. :)
Thanks for your kind words! and i am glad you enjoyed the series as much as i do =)

:eek: awesome!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks!

the rose one and the last one are great!
I like the rose one too =)

Stunning....such simple subject but awesome impact! Thks for sharing the know how...much appreciated;)
Yup simple and yet very unpredictable, i just love the randomness in it.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom