Smile: It never hurts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nizz

Jun 7, 2004
Tampines
www.nizanharon.com
Hey guys

Since everyone's putting up kid's faces, thought I'd just join in (and my 1st image in CS?!), if you don't mind.

Image a tad dark, I know, but what I 'like' abt it was the moment...be kind to me ok? Noobie here...

Ammar.jpg

Cheers

Nizz

Hi Nizz,

I agree with renegade about brightening up the scene through post-processing. I think it'll bring out a bit more of his character.

This is how I'll approach it.

Ammar1.jpg

Since this picture copyright belongs to you, just let me know if you want it removed.

Francis

fryap said:
Hi Nizz,

I agree with renegade about brightening up the scene through post-processing. I think it'll bring out a bit more of his character.

This is how I'll approach it.

Ammar1.jpg

Since this picture copyright belongs to you, just let me know if you want it removed.

Francis

Appreciate the demonstration. And no i don't mind you using the image, as you're teaching me something.

Anyway, yup...i wanted to do what you did, but was concerned abt over-doing it. Mind telling me what you adjusted? Would appreciate it.

Thx

Nizz

Hi Nizz,

I brought the image into Photoshop CS. Used the Shadow/Highlight Recovery tool to bring the shadows out and save some highlights. Then adjusted the brightness and contrast through Levels and Curves. I also adjusted the colour balance since I thought there was too much reds. Finally sharpened a little before saving to the web.

There are many ways to go about changing the exposure and getting the tonaity that you desire. Experiment and see which ones suit you best. :)

Francis

Nizz said:
Appreciate the demonstration. And no i don't mind you using the image, as you're teaching me something.

Anyway, yup...i wanted to do what you did, but was concerned abt over-doing it. Mind telling me what you adjusted? Would appreciate it.

Thx

Nizz

Status
Not open for further replies.