Smell from new dry cabinet, normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptm

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hi All

Just bought my first new dry cabinet and there is a smell from it (not smelly).
Normal? :)

all things have a smell, esp when new. and if it's not smelly, there isn't a need to worry.

ptm said:
Hi All

Just bought my first new dry cabinet and there is a smell from it (not smelly).
Normal? :)

Its just probably the smell of newness. Shoudl be happy. At least you know its "brand new" It will be gone in no time..

I know all new things got the new smell.
This dry cabinet smell fills up the whole house and you can smell it when you enter the house and it is only 28L, so I was wondering if it's normal. :)

ptm said:
I know all new things got the new smell.
This dry cabinet smell fills up the whole house and you can smell it when you enter the house and it is only 28L, so I was wondering if it's normal. :)

bossmen one right? I also just bought..also have a smell...like some gas being released...dunno why leh..

The 1st 24hr, I placed it in a well ventilated area and let the humidity stablised. The smell should go away after a while. :)

Mocha said:
The 1st 24hr, I placed it in a well ventilated area and let the humidity stablised. The smell should go away after a while. :)

okie..so if I change the humidity, the smell comes back?

KSeet said:
okie..so if I change the humidity, the smell comes back?

Not really. After 2 days, the dry cab newness smell should no longer fill the room, but the dry cabinet might retain a little smell. :)

Mocha said:
Not really. After 2 days, the dry cab newness smell should no longer fill the room, but the dry cabinet might retain a little smell. :)

so its not the working of the unit that causes the smell? its the newnesS? hopefully 2 days time no more smell...thanks!

yes, it's the bossmen (28L).
the smell is not so strong (after 6 days) but still there. :)

ptm said:
yes, it's the bossmen (28L).
the smell is not so strong (after 6 days) but still there. :)

mine also diminishing liao. ;) but dunno the meter calibrated properly or not leh.
how about urs?

KSeet said:
mine also diminishing liao. ;) but dunno the meter calibrated properly or not leh.
how about urs?

how to check if it's calibrated? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.