small white paper dust inside Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens ,

pcghosh

Feb 23, 2010
Singapore
Hi All,
I just received my new lens but unfortunately I found a small white paper pice inside Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 lens barrel, Its pretty small like the size of this letter 's' literally :)
The warrantly process will take longer as it's from some online vendor,
Can it be fixed by local authorised service provider? How much will be the cost , how long will it take and where can i take this to?

Thanks in advance

Does the lens comes with online vendor warranty or Canon Sg warranty? If it comes with online vendor warranty, Canon Sg will not fix the lens under warranty.

Does the lens comes with online vendor warranty or Canon Sg warranty? If it comes with online vendor warranty, Canon Sg will not fix the lens under warranty.

It comes with an online seller's warranty but i don't want to opt for as I want to fix it ASAP.
The piece of thread/paper can be seen in the photo,
$20141103_185423_resized.jpg

Yes I see it. It is quite a big piece. As it is new, will it be reasonable & possible to request for a 1 to 1 replacement from the online vendor? It is not easy to dismantle the lens to remove the piece of paper.

Also if the lens doesn't come with Canon Sg warranty card, Canon will not fix it under warranty. If you really need to get it fixed, you can approach Canon Sg service center. They are located at Harbour Front. Here is the address :

Canon Customer Care Centre
1 HarbourFront Ave
#01-01/02, Keppel Bay Tower
Singapore 098632

I had the same problem when I bought some lenses a few years back. There was a big piece of lint in two of the lenses that I bought locally. It took the supplier some months to get a new replacement.

I hope you get it sorted out with the supplier rather than getting it fixed by Canon SG, it wont be cheap.

Last edited:
My guess was right that the local warranty might take months.I'ld use the warranty instead once I am back from my trip.
In the mean time i'll visit canon service centre and let me know their price and timeline.

Thanks for your valuable input :)

Just make sure that the warranty is still applicable after your trip.. U know.. Just in case of any dispute between the terms and conditions...