Sling Bag VS BackPack

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a crumpler tallee. Its a sling bag and just want to share my experience travelling with it. It can hold one body, 2 lens and one flash confortably plus other small accessories.

It was quite a hassal having to lug another bag around ontop of my backpack arounf the airports, and althought the sling bag is very comfortable for the first couple of hours, it really starts to weigh you down if you carry if for longer than that.

One plus point for this bag thought, the buckle is strong enough that if you really shorten the strap, you can actually carry the bag around your waist. sure, it looks kinda wierd, like the gas mask bags in the army, but it really does take the load off your shoulder!

Al

The_Cheat said:
TCW is at Peninsula Shopping Centre, right beside Peninsula Plaza. You will see a Spinelli and Ruby on the ground floor. Walk pass Ruby and go right in and you'll see a shop selling second hand stuff. They import in Safrotto bags, which are basically rip off of popular designs (i.e. Lowepro and Domke), at affordable prices.

I'd recently gotten a backpack/slingbag from there! :D

any idea roughly how much a backpack/slingbag cost?

I use a Lowepro Nova 5 which i bought from CP at $70. It can put my 300D + plus ver. grip, 75-300, 28-105, 18-55, Sigma Flash, Sony Handycam + batts and cleaning kit :)

artLover said:
any idea roughly how much a backpack/slingbag cost?

The Sanfrotto backpack/slingbag The Cheat bought costs slightly less than $150. It has 3 sizes and their costs vary by ard $10+-.

i have a sling bag....which i bought the lining myself and fitted it in for like 1 body....1 flash...and 2-3 lens....for quick access

but nowadays....when i cannot decide wat to bring out or time is not really a deciding factor...i use a bagpack....2 bodies, 4 lens, 2 flashes, n loads of other stuff.....looks like a mini trekker....but made in china.....and oh....strap the tripod to the side...haha....

The_Cheat said:
If you are keen in having both a sling bag and a backpack, perhaps you would like to consider the Safrotto F series bags. The feature of this bag is that it could be converted from a sling bag to a haversack in seconds. You may wish to visit TCW to find out more about the bag! :D

Whoah... cool..=) The F series Bag looks exactly like a Lowepro bag my friend showed me yesterday!! haha..

hmm... tempted tempted... FYI, am finally taking the plunge and getting a d30 from the abovementioned friend.=)

Went to TCW check out the Safrotto L series today, actually wanted to get the L100, but decided to think a bit more. The velcro on the bag are solid stuff, super strong, but there lies the problem. They seem much stronger than the stitching used to stitch the bag together, and I was afraid that the stitching might come lose after awhile. The foam padding inside were not as thick as I had imagine, but heh maybe I was hopping for too much. The material used to make the bag is quite stiff, and it should be water-resistant. The clips could be made of better plastic thot. By the way, I was quoted $45 for it. Well, I really like the design, but dunno if it could protect my camera adequately.

By the way went down to CP also, was quoted $50 for the Crumpler Stamp Claimer for anyone who is interested.

your best bet is to find a bag that u like...you dont have to go with THE NEWEST FEATURES and the NEW WATERPROOF BAG or a bag that WONT BURST INTO FLAMES WHEN IT GETS NEAR A WATER HEATER....come on, are u going to let the man tell u what to carry your stuff in..try an old wwII medic bag, modified, to fit your stuff comfertably(pics of mine soon)

Peace
the Freak :kok:

Heh, no worries, I'm not looking for a portable nuclear shelter, just trying to find one that I can afford and meet my requirements :)

I'm interested in your modified medic bag, did originally considered doing that too, cept was afraid it wouldn't do a good job of protecting the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.