Slave Flash Trigger with flash-less Rangerfinder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makanator

Feb 28, 2008
Singapore
I am unsure whether this question is relevant in this age but here goes:

I recently acquired a hand-mounted flash called the Starblitz 18GM and it works like a charm with my Canon 400D.
However, i wanted to use the flash on my film rangefinder (Yashica MG-1) but the rangefinder has no built-in flash.

Is there another alternative to trigger the slave flash? (There is no PC connector on the flash itself)

Thanks.

your Yashica MG-1 has hotshoe, can mount a small flash/ir trigger to trigger remote slave flash, or you can get a something like this to connect the camera to the slave flash via sync cable.

hama-hotshoe-to-pc-sync-socket-adapter-lrg.jpg

your Yashica MG-1 has hotshoe, can mount a small flash/ir trigger to trigger remote slave flash, or you can get a something like this to connect the camera to the slave flash via sync cable.

I did abit of research on the use of flash/remote/radio trigger but they don't seem to solve the problem.

To better exemplify my issue, here's the only available image of the flash on the internet:
G9Flash1LB_722.jpg

As the slave flash is triggered by the smaller in-built flash, what i am looking for is solutions to trigger the slave flash without the use of another flash while making sure the flash syncs with the camera's shutter speed.

Any other suggestions here?

the only mean to trigger your Starblitz is via another flash, you don't want to attach a flash to your camera.

you can consider these two ways:

#1, open up your Starblitz and connect a wire to the camera hotshoe for trigger your flash.

#2, use 1 sec shutter or bulb mode on your camera, and depress the test button on your flash when you hear the camera shutter open.

hope this help.

Status
Not open for further replies.