Skippy Peanut butter expiry date

Status
Not open for further replies.
If cabbage/lettuce leaves are rotten, they peel off the outer leaves and sell the inside.

it's normal what? all the uncle and auntie in wet market do that openly. If the inside still not rotten, means it's not. Not the customer cannot see and check it before buying.

The oranges example, sometimes the boxes arrive on Day 1, and were only put up on the baskets for sale on say Day 3. Once I had a box of 40 oranges, less than 10 are "still ok".

so you are saying singapore customer are blind and idiot where they cannot tell a fresh orange and a rotten one? The store can put thousands of oranges in the box, people will choose the good one over the rotten one.

Winter melons, slightly mouldy? Just rub off the mould and sell. :sweat: I never worked in meat dept so I dunno.

if you seriously think rubbing a winter melon will conceal it being rotten, then i really have nothing to say.

it's normal what? all the uncle and auntie in wet market do that openly. If the inside still not rotten, means it's not. Not the customer cannot see and check it before buying.

so you are saying singapore customer are blind and idiot where they cannot tell a fresh orange and a rotten one? The store can put thousands of oranges in the box, people will choose the good one over the rotten one.

if you seriously think rubbing a winter melon will conceal it being rotten, then i really have nothing to say.

Well, it's not my rules. Company's rules. All employees like us have no choice but to follow.

A single rotten fruit can contaminate the whole basket. Ive seen it before. We have to remove it. It's not rotten as in mouldy, rotten as in completely decomposed oranges. Would you like to flip thru a basket of 40 oranges, of which 30 are decomposing? Why do you sound so aggressive? I won't debate with you.

Ok.. since you pple asked for it :bsmilie:

I think all supermarkets follow the same procedures.. those frozen meat that you see being displayed are most likely meat that have been out for 3 days or more. You can tell by the colour. Is a deep red colour good? NO! That's all I can say :bsmilie:

Basically, meat that don't get sold are brought back in, any parts of the meat that starts to turn bad will be cut away, and then, they're all re-packed, with a new expiry date stamped on them.

Chicken wings turning yellow? It's ok. It gets washed in you-don't-wanna-know-what.

And to think the standard is that raw food left in the open for 4 hours should get dumped.

Moral of the story? We don't get stomachaches easily :bsmilie: (And buying from the wet market should be a better alternative)

wanna tell just tell lah. no need to be secretive. No need to disclose the name of the supermarket. Just for public awareness.

And if I don't wanna tell you? I'll appreciate it if you 'speak' politely.

You work for a supermarket? Or are you a CEO there? Why get so defensive? :nono:

You should go try working short term for them one day, and you'll know :thumbsup:

Ok.. since you pple asked for it :bsmilie:

Fruits usually don't deliver on weekends, so the fruits on Sunday is usually not as fresh. And "fresh"... Some had been in the store area for like 3 or 4 days. But one thing's for sure. Now I more or less know how to distinguish a truly fresh fruit from a normal fruit. So much for freshness.

But in most of the cases, we clear all the arrivals that day by the day.

I sorted out so many rotten decomposed oranges that I'm immune to it now. The most rotten ones I seen had became liquid... Lucky got those mini plastic "bags" (wrappers). If not really jiak lak. :sweat:

Fruits usually don't deliver on weekends, so the fruits on Sunday is usually not as fresh. And "fresh"... Some had been in the store area for like 3 or 4 days. But one thing's for sure. Now I more or less know how to distinguish a truly fresh fruit from a normal fruit. So much for freshness.

But in most of the cases, we clear all the arrivals that day by the day.

I sorted out so many rotten decomposed oranges that I'm immune to it now. The most rotten ones I seen had became liquid... Lucky got those mini plastic "bags" (wrappers). If not really jiak lak. :sweat:

Let's exchange pointers :bsmilie:

I can tell what meat is fresh, but most of them aren't anyway. :sweat:

Don't worry tho, most of the apples/oranges/dragonfruit, etc are delivered every weekday morning, cold from the trucks.

BUT how long has it been at the supplier's store, that is another issue... :think::bsmilie:

Don't worry tho, most of the apples/oranges/dragonfruit, etc are delivered every weekday morning, cold from the trucks.

BUT how long has it been at the supplier's store, that is another issue... :think::bsmilie:

Yea. And I heard from a colleague who went into SFI before that the procedures there aren't that great either :bigeyes:

how do you tell? like wad was mentioned earlier, most meat on the cooler shelves are deep red right?

Deep red isn't good. Deep red isn't good. Deeeepp reeedd issnn'tt gooood :bsmilie:

Even then, most of the stuff I see being displayed aren't 'fresh' either.. Maybe one or two pops up every once in a while.. So no choice, you still have to choose among the not-so-good ones :sweat:

You work for a supermarket? Or are you a CEO there? Why get so defensive? :nono:

You should go try working short term for them one day, and you'll know :thumbsup:

I'm not working for any supermarket nor I am a CEO of one. I'm just balancing the opinion stated by our fellow clubsnapper. He speaks as if it's a disgusting thing, but in fact it's a normal thing happen to us. It's just like spreading fear, uncertainty and doubts without solid base.

And i do not need to work for those supermarket to tell if the good is rotten or not. I use common sense/knowledge, regardless where I buy my fruit/veggie/meat/fishes, Supermarket or traditional wet market.

please do read carefully, what redstone is saying is MOLDY winter melon, not rotten

please do read carefully, what redstone is saying is MOLDY winter melon, not rotten

I have read it properly. That is precisely my point. So what if it's moldy? Just rub it lor, not that we eat the winter melon's skin. When i reach home, i will wash whatever i buy in the market anyway.

If it's rotten, even after rubbing it, it still be rotten even though the mold is gone.

I'm not working for any supermarket nor I am a CEO of one. I'm just balancing the opinion stated by our fellow clubsnapper. He speaks as if it's a disgusting thing, but in fact it's a normal thing happen to us. It's just like spreading fear, uncertainty and doubts without solid base.

And i do not need to work for those supermarket to tell if the good is rotten or not. I use common sense/knowledge, regardless where I buy my fruit/veggie/meat/fishes, Supermarket or traditional wet market.

I'm just sharing my experiences. It's true not all good which arrive are in 100% pristine condition and I believe you wouldn't stick your hands into a box of mouldy fruits just to find the okay ones. There's always someone doing the dirty job for you. :devil:

Thanks, Lenscapes. Yes the rubbing of winter melon is not MY rule, it's the company's rules. I have no control over what the CEO/manager/supervisor says. :)

I don't know about the veges and fruits side of things, but what if I told you that at the meat department, 90 to 100% of the stuff you see there are actually not fresh? You'll just be picking up what you think is 'fresh' there, when in actual fact, none are. Well, you can probably choose not to believe what I or Redstone have shared, cause we're not at a loss :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.