Sitex - 29 Nov to 2 Dec @ Expo Hall 5 & 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, any good discounts for Compact flash cards, 4 gb thumbdrives and 4gb Micro SD cards?

Thanks ;)

Kingston Elite Pro S2 (133x) 4GB for S$54.20 considered good?

Only Computer & Home Entertainment. Nothing On Photography And Camera!!!

nope. Canon, Nikon, Olympus and Fujifilm all have booths there. They are in the adjacent hall 5. i 'molested' D300 kau kau, then off to 'fondle' 40D...dem, so syok.

does anyone know wat is there for the canon G9 at the current sitex?
or where is the best place to get it from?
thanks!

CF cards not cheap.. better get from SLS

quite disappointing. most booths are harvey norman one. might as well call it the harvery norman sitex exhibition. prices not that fantastic either. got one auntie come up ask me if can buy nikon from sitex or not, i tell her go cathay, alan photo, ms color, john 3:16, tk foto buy even cheaper. lol.

anyone knows wat is the price for canon 40D kit with 17 - 85. I hope to find a good price there. Any news for me. Thx,:thumbsup:

anyone knows wat is the price for canon 40D kit with 17 - 85. I hope to find a good price there. Any news for me. Thx,:thumbsup:

At Sitex Canon Booth (by Harvey Norman)

Kit 1: EOS 40D + EF-S 17-85 IS USM S$ 2899 (free CF 2GB & EOS Bag)
Kit 2: EOS 40D + EF-S 18-55 S$ 2299 (free CF 2GB & EOS Bag)
Body: EOS 40D S$ 2099 (free CF 2GB & EOS Bag)

Saw the aigo P881 White $699. 160G HD, music, video,game,photos.....SD card expansion slot .Not sure whether can download straight from camera to it or not as me using CF. Can use a card reader if not. size slightly bigger then ipod 80G, very itchy now,will use it mainly for backing up and viewing of photos if I buy. Very expensive thought...:sweat:

Hi, for the the 40D, Canon is giving 4GB Ultra II, 2 GB Ultra II, Canon Bag, Tripod, Screen Calibrator, Screen Protector, LCD calirbator and 3 different EOS guide book. Price is slightly negotaible if for 1 time payment. My friend got his 40D with 18-55 IS Kit for $2229.

was there to day , can tell u the those working staffs lack of knowledge,i think there Pt staff is only waiting for the day end and get thier pay . first dont know their products. as them certain question , there say dont know . i think those big names has too much
money to find those Pt to promote thier products. Second i think the staff are blur was lost so ask one guy how to get to the certain booth . he say he dont know . haha guess what the booth was next to him . The item there seem like Not so new products , price is soso . prices seem u can go to sim lim to get then to travel all the way to expo

quite disappointing. most booths are harvey norman one. might as well call it the harvery norman sitex exhibition. prices not that fantastic either. got one auntie come up ask me if can buy nikon from sitex or not, i tell her go cathay, alan photo, ms color, john 3:16, tk foto buy even cheaper. lol.

well that true

Yep, went there yesterday around 11.30am and was very disappointed. Agree!!! Everywhere Harvey Norman sign...Might as well call it the Great Harvey Normal Year End Sale...though I really doubt if it is really a "sale" or just plain gimmick.

And true, many of the items u seek for, all you get is "sold out" IMPOSSIBLE. Barely half hour? Maybe they hav eonly a couple of items at that price.

Certainly not worth the time and the crowd.

was there to day , can tell u the those working staffs super lack of knowledge,i think there Pt staff is only waiting for the day end and get thier pay . first dont know their products. as them certain question , there say dont know . i think those big names has too much
money to find those Pt to promote thier products. Second i think the staff are Blind, was lost so ask one guy how to get to the certain booth . he say he dont know . haha guess what the booth was next to him . The item there seem like Not so new products , price is soso . prices seem u can go to sim lim to get then to travel all the way to expo

i'm sorry to say you cant blame the part time staff over there. Most of them are generally students having their hols, trying to make some money. And you can't blame them for not knowing where is certain booth either, they are not information counters! Furthermore, they are the same as you, they just reach there at like 1030am? Please kindly spare a thought for them. Thank you :)

was there to day , can tell u the those working staffs super lack of knowledge,i think there Pt staff is only waiting for the day end and get thier pay . first dont know their products. as them certain question , there say dont know . i think those big names has too much
money to find those Pt to promote thier products. Second i think the staff are Blind, was lost so ask one guy how to get to the certain booth . he say he dont know . haha guess what the booth was next to him . The item there seem like Not so new products , price is soso . prices seem u can go to sim lim to get then to travel all the way to expo

If you are a big company, can you maintain such a large sales force for the entire year? Staff nowadays are kinda hard to keep and we are talking about IT show. Companies like Sony, Canon, Nikon and etc sell few thousand cameras at any show and require 20-30 promoters at least to cover the number of enquiries of people squeezing in to buy a camera.

Maybe some food for thought, have you thought about in Singapore not everyone is as rich, can just walk into a shop and purchase a few thousand dollar of photography equipment in cash. Some people would prefer an installment payment of their camera which I believe shop in sim lim charge a premium for. But most importantly, alot of the promoters there are poly/uni student trying to earn a living or pocket money as their family are not as well do do as other. One may spend let's say 2000 on a DSLR but to the promoter, 2000 may well be his poly sch fees for half a semester. Last year, I work as a promoter for Samsung LCD for one of the show. A man bought a 50" LCD television for his 12 year son so that he can play PS3 for $7000+. I was like $7000 is my one yr tuition fee in NTU. From a former promoter perspective, I would say give everyone a chance. Not everyone is born out to be a photographer. Give them some time to learn.

Of coz I do agree with you on one point. Sales staff will have to be well trained however For compact camera, I believe is ok to have part time promoters as most of the consumers just want a small and nice camera. For DSLR, is a different story after all. The sales staff or promoter should be someone with well experienced with the product plus able to explain strong points of his/her product. I was there ystd with my cousin. She wanted to buy a entry level DSLR so she walk around Sitex with me and her dad. The olympus promoter (his name was amos if I was not wrong) was good, was explaining the selling points of his E-system E410 to my cousin. After that, we proceed to Nikon where the promoters knows nuts about the camera. When ask compared against Canon or Olympus, why is should we buy Nikon over the former two. All he said was is cheaper than Canon and better than Olympus. He couldn't even take me what is white balance bracketing or expsoure compensation. We did not walk over to Canon as it was packed. Her dad also couldn't believe the standard of that particular promoter. He uses S5 pro so if that promoter had serve us well, 95% my cousin would have gotten the D40x. Now my cousin is considering between E410 and 400D. I usually get my new body from a Canon promoter whom is there every show. Can't rem his name but he is quite plump but he serve with a smile. :)

well i dont balme the PT staff they are earing allowance , but i guess the company should be blame . they can spend millon on advertisment . i think they should put the same for thier services as well they should have a Staff training for Pt staff as well , not just asking students to come and do Pt and put them on ground and tell them , if dont know just ask the senior staff. that the case it always happened .training them then are put on ground . as for the spec of item like camera , tv and others , i know they dont know let that leave it to the pros of the company . i was there trying to purchase somthing 1st like keyboard , u know what happned i ask where to pay , the Pt look at me blur . and start asking where to pay .second was the Printing paper i was trying to purchase it so funny i ask what the price that was selling at retail price outside . he ask me u say lor , how much is much .

there one part , i was at epson booth . i ask if there any thing comparable to Canon Ip4500 . guess what they show me somehting like 6 mths back model , so more it was from their full time staff . i just smile and walk off. guess they didnt study thier rival well

well i dont balme the PT staff , but i guess the company should have a Staff training for Pt staff . before there are put on ground . as for the spec of item like camera , tv and others , i know they dont know let that leave it to the pros of the company . i was there trying to purchase somthing 1st like keyboard , u know what happned i ask where to pay , the Pt look at me blur . and start asking where to pay .second was the Printing paper i was trying to purchase it so funny i ask what the price that was selling at retail price outside . he ask me u say lor , how much is much .

Wah wat company is that?

But i do say at least they one guys ( Pt was super helpful ) . i think in the end he was aruging with the supervisor over the product i was purchasing . like he was fighting for me . as i purchasing somehting worng and was trying to get it change . the supervisor say can not . in the end the Pt dont care and change it for me :thumbsup: for the young chap in white at brother Booth

Status
Not open for further replies.