SITEX 2008 Memory Cards Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!! So cheappp!!!! Too bad my 5D cannot read 16GB... I would have bought like 5 of them.

Anybody know why there is difference in prices of EXTREME IV Compact Flash 8G quoted between the Best Bargain and Sandisk Booth? S$125 VS S$139?? Are they referring to the same genuine ones?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

i think the one by Sandisk booth, the warranty is given by the Singapore sole distributor Vector Magnetics (has a Vector Magnetics sticker on the box - do don't throw the box and receipt away)... any problem can go to them to solve...

but the one by Best Bargain may be parallel import (without sticker) and so don't have the Vector Magnetics warranty... not sure if Best Bargain will give any the warranty to their imports... that you have to go down to Sitex and ask them...

i think the one by Sandisk booth, the warranty is given by the Singapore sole distributor Vector Magnetics (has a Vector Magnetics sticker on the box - do don't throw the box and receipt away)... any problem can go to them to solve...

but the one by Best Bargain may be parallel import (without sticker) and so don't have the Vector Magnetics warranty... not sure if Best Bargain will give any the warranty to their imports... that you have to go down to Sitex and ask them...

To add on the what ehchantingmonentz had said, what Best Bargain selling is sort of like 'Grey Set'. If I am not wrong, they do give shop warranty. Thats why their prices are very competitive.

quick question...what is the difference between extreme III and IV other than writing speed? Can 16gb be used on Canon 40D? Thanks...considering going down to get...

To add on the what ehchantingmonentz had said, what Best Bargain selling is sort of like 'Grey Set'. If I am not wrong, they do give shop warranty. Thats why their prices are very competitive.

Their Kingston is also life time warranty but not by convergent system. Another company at 6th level Funan.

So sorry about the size of the photo, here are the higher res one.

3063210132_b944461c32_b.jpg

3063207876_6f216687d4_b.jpg

3063205484_1cb619e349_b.jpg

;)

Anyone know whats the difference between Cruzer Micro and Cruzer Titanium ?

Titanium Contour is the best performance, follow by Titanium. Micro series are the value series, more affordable but average performance, if u are not chasing mb/sec, then Micro will do fine.

Titanium Contour is the best performance, follow by Titanium. Micro series are the value series, more affordable but average performance, if u are not chasing mb/sec, then Micro will do fine.

Thanks. A Micro version is pretty good, as it is only $14++ for 4 GB.

Last edited:
CF cards, kingston or sandisk?

what would you guys buy?

4gb kingston is so much cheaper than 4gb sandisk, this makes me worried. HAHA

at best bargain SLS 20th Nov 2008 flyer
Kingston Elite Pro II
4GB = $20.7
8GB = $28.8
16GB = $56
Kingston Ultimate II
4GB = $41.80
8GB = $73.80

Sandisk Extreme III
4GB = $54.00
8GB = $90.00
16GB = $170.50

Sandisk Extreme IV
4GB = $89.50
8GB = $156.10

so i see not much differences in prices..

Dunno the diff, but personally got bad experience with the micro(it just died on me aft a wk or so), Titanium, i never use before, so not fair to comment.... But the contour is good(at least if dun die on me...), however, if u hate thumbdrives with those file manager programs or wateva u call it, this contour can at times be abit irritating(there will be this big sandisk logo whenever u plug in)

Plastic casing and titanium casing.

Haha, r u sure, then contour must be made of a coca cola bottle lor! haha, jkjk, no offence arh..

Eh but anyway i dun think so la, titanium very expensive due to its manufacturing process, muz be in an environment with no air at all, or else will react with the air to form some other substance which instead of tough, it is brittle.... so yea, not likely at that price la...

5D cannot read 16GB? If it is CF card and using FAT32, should support much much more than 16GB right..

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!! So cheappp!!!! Too bad my 5D cannot read 16GB... I would have bought like 5 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.