SingNET is unreasonable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I subscribed to MIO and since day 1 of MIO installation my broad band not working with Lotus email.
Many technician came still not solved. Their outsouced tech complaint that Singtel has not tested MIO but released to market...
This continue for 2 months and no much help from Sigtel or Singnet. Each saying not their problem is MIO to solve. Like ping pong. At last modem supplier confirmed one of the IP address use by MIO Tel is conflict with my Lotus.
At the end, i was given non MIO modem but another type of modem but with the limitation of
a. No more MIO Vioce >>> Means I have to pay for my phone usage : MIO Voice supposed free Tel call local.
b. The non-MIO modem is with extremely weak signal strength with wireless less than 30 feet signal will not like 54M but can be as low as 10+ M

So, MIO is bad bad bad and...
Conclusion: MIO is not meeting their marketing claims on broadband nor local call free, is not that simple.

In your case, Singtel has breached their obligations. You have a right to claim damages and/or terminate the contract.

I subscribed to MIO and since day 1 of MIO installation my broad band not working with Lotus email.
Many technician came still not solved. Their outsouced tech complaint that Singtel has not tested MIO but released to market...
This continue for 2 months and no much help from Sigtel or Singnet. Each saying not their problem is MIO to solve. Like ping pong. At last modem supplier confirmed one of the IP address use by MIO Tel is conflict with my Lotus.
At the end, i was given non MIO modem but another type of modem but with the limitation of
a. No more MIO Vioce >>> Means I have to pay for my phone usage : MIO Voice supposed free Tel call local.
b. The non-MIO modem is with extremely weak signal strength with wireless less than 30 feet signal will not like 54M but can be as low as 10+ M

So, MIO is bad bad bad and...
Conclusion: MIO is not meeting their marketing claims on broadband nor local call free, is not that simple.

How much were u paying for internet fax to begin with?

anyway, slightly out of topic here, but this was a little incident which happened to me in the us. my house uses sbc(at&t) for almost everything, basically the internet, internet fax and telephony. however, i find myself not using the fax quite often, so i called in to them to cancel my internet fax service. i got into a conversation something like that:

Me: Hi. i would like to cancel my internet fax service.
sbc: sure sir, may i know why you would like to cancel this service with us?
Me: well, i find myself not using very often.
sbc: i see. would you still stay with us if i decrease the price to _____(i forgot the price)?
Me: *thinking: i really dun use that service alot, no point wasting money even if cheaper*
Me: sorry, i still wish to cancel the service. i dun use it often.
sbc: how about one dollar per month?
Me: ................... *coughz* huh? i beg your pardon?
sbc: would you stay with this service if i reduce the price to one dollar per month?
Me: erm........... did you say one dollar per month?
sbc: yes.
Me: if that's the case................. ok! sure! why not?
sbc: thank you sir, please hold on while i get the authority from my superior.
waits.........
sbc: ok, your subscription fee for internet faxing is now 1 dollar per month.
me: ok.*still abit shocked* thanks.

and when my father recieved the bill, he told me.........it indeed has been decrease to 1 dollar.

i'm still shocked...............:what:

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

If someone didn't blow your cover you'd still be loudly proclaiming that Singnet is faster than Starhub.

How much were u paying for internet fax to begin with?

have to check the bills, which are in us:p. i remembered it was a double digit sum. but hey!, the price is bargainable:bigeyes::bsmilie:. but after some thought, i think maybe they were able to track my usage of the fax service. maybe cos they find that i use like really really little, they might as well just give a low low price i can't resist rather than getting nothing.

come to think of it, i should have did the same for my broadband too:bsmilie:. but cannot lah, the reason why all these things can happen is because people there are reasonable. like the policy that consumers can ask for a 100% refund no questions asked for products bought within a short period. if singapore also practise this policy.................... i think MS color everyday no cam in shop one. all "loaned" out.:bsmilie:

The difference is SG is company friendly, US is consumer friendly.

Absurd! Ridiculous! I'm about to apply for a suspension and sent an e-mail to SingNET on this service. To my absolute surprise, BANG! A reply from them stated I would be charged SG$40 per month (w/o GST)!

Would you pay this amount for not using their broadband internet service? :thumbsd::angry:

That's why I always sign the 1 year plan.
This paying of monthly bills regardless of whether the world comes down is pretty much common sense to me.

Even if a tsunami strikes Singapore and the lines are down, I feel that Singnet will still charge you.

:bsmilie:

Oh. Something to add. This is the most ridiculous mind blowing experience for me.

Once, my contract was ending. Then they had tis promotion plan for newbies with some free stuff.

I asked if I extended by contract, would I get the freebies. They tell me to cancel my contract and sign on again as a new member.

Yup. I cancelled and signed on to Pacnet.

:bsmilie:

If someone didn't blow your cover you'd still be loudly proclaiming that Singnet is faster than Starhub.

Excuse me, when have I proclaimed Singnet is faster? I didn't even mentioned what ISP I am on.

Already read it and nothing has changed.

Emm, what I am saying is that I have already APOLOGISED for making the unfair comparison.
If you lock me in and deliberate flaming my post, I urge you to do it off the thread.

R32, that's an unfair statement to Andy. When did he said Singnet is faster than Starhub? You simply imply it because the TS is making a statement about his/her Singnet Internet contract.

my recent bad experience...

i got offered for upgrade of plan prior to my contract ending in dec...
i am currently on 3500 plan they give me options to upgrade to 6000 now

i refer to singnet website, the current 6000 promo is with free 4 mths subscription...
however my option to upgrade do not include the free 4mth.... wth...
4 mths is 200 dollars... leh
if i dun bother to check up... i would ve been losing 200 dollars.

is singtel actively conning its loyal customer or is it becos of ignorant marketing pple?

I jumped from Singnet to Starhub because of the all these "problems".

What I really cannot stand is the reduction of the monthly subscription fees.

They keep on reducing the price for new customer while me (loyal customer) subscription price still hanging on.

I still remember that time I paid $49.90 while the new customer only pay about $20++ - $30++ for the 512 plan.

Thats why I immediately sign up for Starhub and TERMINATE it!

But in the end, need to give 1 month notice and have to waste another $49.90!

I am wondering how come their "notice period" is so funny? SingTel mobile line is 3 days after contract expire while the Internet service need 1 month! ;(

Yeh even my friends neglect their singnet bill just a few days late BOOM, they cut their connection. Also their cust svc is rather blunt and rude. Oh ya, shes a 3yrs prompt paying cust!

Guys, when your contract coming to an end, do call up the ISP and check with them for better offer. Just call the "green" on cable TV (no re-contract for this service), they gave $8.60 discount per month for the next 12 months (new 12 months contract of course). A friend of mine called on broadband and he was offered 20% off.

So if you don't call you will be lossing out good stuff which you don't know.

Hedge your position by buying Singtel shares.

Status
Not open for further replies.