Singapore Young Photographer Award 2010 - Judges unveiled

WOW very strong entries this year. Here's mine to share!
4568071160_19bbe5938a.jpg

Last edited:
Final judging is on Sat according to their website. Does anyone know if you are supposed to receive a notification if your photos are among the shortlisted entries?

Final judging is on Sat according to their website. Does anyone know if you are supposed to receive a notification if your photos are among the shortlisted entries?

they will contact you for an interview, if last cycle was anything to go by. :)

quote from website:

The SYPA Steering Committee would like to thank all participants for their support.

Over 1,000 entries were received this year, of which the top 20% to 30% entries of each category was shortlisted by a preliminary judging panel comprising representatives from Boon Lay CC Photo Club, Photo-art Association of Singapore, The Photographic Society of Singapore, SAFRA Photographic Club and Singapore Colour Photographic Society.

The final judging will be held on Saturday, 8 May 2010 , 9am at SAFRA Mount Faber ( 2 Telok Blangah Way ), Diamond Room on level 2. All participants are welcome to observe the judging.

did any1 receive email regarding being shortlisted? unless they'll only notify u when the final judging is completed?

oh okay thanks... :)

thanks =p^^

this was based on 2008 though.

i also base this on the premise that no one has been contacted before final judging (it's already friday)... or at least if they have, they didn't announce it here.

anyhow, if you think about it, there is no incentive to ask 200-300 people to go to SAFRA on saturday to observe the judging. you should see the amount of angst the last time round.. better to avoid that, imho.

The final judging of SYPA 2010 will be held on 8 May (Saturday), 9am at SAFRA Mount Faber (2 Telok Blangah Way), Diamond Room on level 2. Participants are welcome to observe, but do note that the top 20% entries of each category (out of a total of over 1,000 entries) have been earlier shortlisted for this final judging.

Winners will not be announced just yet, but will be notified for interview.

Good luck to all participants!

Hey Nightmare, was there much angst the last round? Haha, I take it positively that participants are passionate about their works which is a good thing! It's not quite possible to notify those who are shorlisted and besides, we welcome all to observe as it's a good chance to see others' works. The final shortlisted winners will be contacted next week for a short interview.

C'mon down tomorrow if you have time!

Hey Nightmare, was there much angst the last round? Haha, I take it positively that participants are passionate about their works which is a good thing! It's not quite possible to notify those who are shorlisted and besides, we welcome all to observe as it's a good chance to see others' works. The final shortlisted winners will be contacted next week for a short interview.

C'mon down tomorrow if you have time!

well, not from any of the winners, of course.

i didn't go for the open judging the last time round, so whatever i saw happened in the aftermath, largely online. that's just how it is.

you can never avoid angst in any competition, i guess.... :)

Last edited:
Nightmare,
Photography, like any other art form, is subjective. If you get it, you like it. That's why the panel of judges has fresh faces every year. From what I saw at the preliminary shortlisting, it will be exciting tomorrow! :)

Nightmare,
Photography, like any other art form, is subjective. If you get it, you like it. That's why the panel of judges has fresh faces every year. From what I saw at the preliminary shortlisting, it will be exciting tomorrow! :)

When was the prelim shortlisting made public? Where did you see the list?

Nightmare,

of course, of course. :)

i think you might have gotten the wrong idea somewhere in there... :)

Hmmm wonder how the judging has went already :) I am too sick to go down to Mt. Faber. No chance.

Hmmm wonder how the judging has went already I am too sick to go down to Mt. Faber. No chance.
Yeah... Me too. I was too lazy to wake up early and head halfway across the island to view the judging process