Singapore Young Fashion Designer Compeition and Asian Young Fashion Designer Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Souphamster

Nov 22, 2003
hi, anyone went? i manage to shot but dunno how to adjust the manual focus, so in the end, use auto. I am using Canon A80, can advise on shooting fashion show lighting? the models walk very fast, difficult to capture.

Case 1:
would like to feedback something here, i was 1hr early(6pm) and i managed to get a better front view to shoot. And 6.55pm, a 40s yo woman came behind me and talked loudly to her frn, i was very irritated, she was just jolly well not interested in the show and she scream on the phone telling her friends to come over to watch in cantonese. Everyone looked at her! i was so malu even standing beside her, she was those typical singaporean who is so LOW CLASS! She continued to yack loudly to her frn talking rubbish and irritating others around her and her bag is pocking my legs which i am sure she didnt notice! Worst part is! she tap my shoulder and tries to go in front of me and ask me if i can allow her frn to stand in front of me because i am tall, and blocking her friend's view! BLOOOOOODY HELL.. I was so pissoff, and i told her i had stand here for 1 hr, u expect me to charity and let u block my view taking photos? she argued back saying that her friend cannot see becos of me! i cant believe there are suchs bitc-h here, disgrace to fellow singaporeans. If you are jolly well interested in watching, book a better view early!

CASE 2:
This old man using canon DSLR came beside me out of no where and tries to block my view regards several attempts. He wants to move to my front! (where i am already in the front!!!! behind the belt!!!!!
I find it so BLOOOOO0DY Rude! i told him off, saying, i need to take photos too ! he stared back, which i dont care!

Conclusion:
I would like to advise all clubsnaps members pls do not let these bloody bird brain people to take advantage of u! Even i am using a A80! i do not care if you are using DSLR or even a lomo. If u want a better view, come early like me, 1hr or eariler. Stand there and wait for the show to start. DONT EXPECT TO JUMP Q and overtake other people's perimeter. It's just not right!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/pbdfe3410c501546ff2769a345b71abf0/f7575a5c.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/pe8c5752ec33d5c08cd7dca6b5076195a/f7575a3d.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/p35bff9f8aa52e6ba838da95f60517baf/f7575a46.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/pe744ed33e3f379b51fc85fc7506a0350/f7575a4d.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/p4f0d09b206c5284bc3a0071bdb2f80ba/f7575a72.jpg

Btw, there will be a final on Asian Young Designer Contest tomorrow
(Monday 23-08-2004 @ 7pm). Hope u guys have a good shots!!

f7575a3d.jpg

f7575a46.jpg

f7575a4d.jpg

f7575a5c.jpg

f7575a72.jpg

Yeah, some of them are just plain rude sometimes.
Just because they use a DSLR, they think they damn pro.
(like drive a WRX, think their driving skills good). :p

For all you know, he might be a clubsnapper! :bsmilie:

Went there at 620pm, all the good spots all already gone, only spots left is from the 2nd storey :(

Nice shots from your A80 except for the shake :)

went yesterday, got invite. My shots were horrible... cannot even take front view. I was sitting on the side area, so sad.... cannot take pics...
Anyone have photos to share? btw, any photographers here shot full view of clothings instead of closeup on model face? Can pm me? Anyone kind enough to share his photos with me?

Encounter the same things during the fireworks show , come late and even have the cheek to come just right in and stand beside me without even asking. Just plain sad that this kind of thins happen. Me using Canon G5 , so what if someone use Dslr.

BRo , nice photo you have there after all the irritation that you have.

very nice, but the size is very small leh... u got any large format photos? i wish to collect them if possible, i dont mind with your signature one. I hope to get a full collection on every designer's outfit photos.. haiz.... my cam cannot make it..

arowana said:
Encounter the same things during the fireworks show , come late and even have the cheek to come just right in and stand beside me without even asking. Just plain sad that this kind of thins happen. Me using Canon G5 , so what if someone use Dslr.

BRo , nice photo you have there after all the irritation that you have.

not happy with my photo results :( ...
i used the logo running man function. So the photos turns out weird.. i am new...some more models not looking at my side when taken most of the pics. When view from LCD, seem clear, but after upload to pc... blurr pics! aaargh... i need a teacher to guide me ar.... so luaya taking pics.. cant imagine if i buy a DSLR, will waste my $ to the drain... cant even take nice pics with A80

Souphamster said:
hi, anyone went? i manage to shot but dunno how to adjust the manual focus, so in the end, use auto. I am using Canon A80, can advise on shooting fashion show lighting? the models walk very fast, difficult to capture.

Case 1:
would like to feedback something here, i was 1hr early(6pm) and i managed to get a better front view to shoot. And 6.55pm, a 40s yo woman came behind me and talked loudly to her frn, i was very irritated, she was just jolly well not interested in the show and she scream on the phone telling her friends to come over to watch in cantonese. Everyone looked at her! i was so malu even standing beside her, she was those typical singaporean who is so LOW CLASS! She continued to yack loudly to her frn talking rubbish and irritating others around her and her bag is pocking my legs which i am sure she didnt notice! Worst part is! she tap my shoulder and tries to go in front of me and ask me if i can allow her frn to stand in front of me because i am tall, and blocking her friend's view! BLOOOOOODY HELL.. I was so pissoff, and i told her i had stand here for 1 hr, u expect me to charity and let u block my view taking photos? she argued back saying that her friend cannot see becos of me! i cant believe there are suchs bitc-h here, disgrace to fellow singaporeans. If you are jolly well interested in watching, book a better view early!

CASE 2:
This old man using canon DSLR came beside me out of no where and tries to block my view regards several attempts. He wants to move to my front! (where i am already in the front!!!! behind the belt!!!!!
I find it so BLOOOOO0DY Rude! i told him off, saying, i need to take photos too ! he stared back, which i dont care!

Conclusion:
I would like to advise all clubsnaps members pls do not let these bloody bird brain people to take advantage of u! Even i am using a A80! i do not care if you are using DSLR or even a lomo. If u want a better view, come early like me, 1hr or eariler. Stand there and wait for the show to start. DONT EXPECT TO JUMP Q and overtake other people's perimeter. It's just not right!

Relac la. People are just like that. But it seems to me that if you do carry a SLR, these people will avoid you. From experience, cos if they stand beside u, and you are carrying a huge lens and need to turn there and here to shoot, chances are, you will wack them with your lens and they sure find it dangerous. :D

So maybe, a simplier way is to bring a old, maybe spoiled SLR or whatever and put it on hand while waiting for event to start. Then when start, take out your A80 and wack .... :D

Sometimes, being an ass or being kuai lan helps in photography.

Souphamster said:

Case 1:

CASE 2:

Conclusion:

Btw, there will be a final on Asian Young Designer Contest tomorrow
(Monday 23-08-2004 @ 7pm). Hope u guys have a good shots!!

Hi Souphamster, i agreed wif u .. i face alot these kind of damn idiot ppl and they dunno wat is call "Pai Sei". Tats y i sometime jus use my long lens and wack their head.. if they dun care .. i oso dun care.. :angry:
So ppl out there.. if want to get a better place or view pls come early .. there is not free lunch or dinner in tis world!!!

yesterday's show was late... not sure about today will be late anot. Today's show i think will end early, it is just outfits from local fashion schools(including my sch) hee.... hopefully, not so many people... i am sure the models enjoyed the moment when so many flashes clicking at the same time.. feeling like a super model *grin*

CS_FSW-098.jpg

i just got back from the show today.

Update : Photos of the last show can be found by clickin HERE (This time better upgrade, instead of shoulders, i have clear view in the front and using my tripod :bsmilie: ) Today i got slightly more fully model shots instead of my previous one at the top which i posted. :D

acidbyte said:
CS_FSW-098.jpg

i just got back from the show today.

Update : Photos of the last show can be found by clickin HERE (This time better upgrade, instead of shoulders, i have clear view in the front and using my tripod :bsmilie: ) Today i got slightly more fully model shots instead of my previous one at the top which i posted. :D
Nice capture....

Souphamster said:
not happy with my photo results :( ...
i used the logo running man function. So the photos turns out weird.. i am new...some more models not looking at my side when taken most of the pics. When view from LCD, seem clear, but after upload to pc... blurr pics! aaargh... i need a teacher to guide me ar.... so luaya taking pics.. cant imagine if i buy a DSLR, will waste my $ to the drain... cant even take nice pics with A80
yo Bro...dont use that function for A80 :D use it only if you have sufficient light.

use the 'high speed mode' it's logo is that Letter H on top of three cascading rectangles. of course set to ISO 400. then try to get a good meter reading, focus and shoot shoot shoot. Set your preview to '2secs' or '0 secs'.

your shots are ok. i think you need time to settle in with your A80 :D.
and yeah, i too use the A80.

khairi said:
yo Bro...dont use that function for A80 :D use it only if you have sufficient light.

use the 'high speed mode' it's logo is that Letter H on top of three cascading rectangles. of course set to ISO 400. then try to get a good meter reading, focus and shoot shoot shoot. Set your preview to '2secs' or '0 secs'.

your shots are ok. i think you need time to settle in with your A80 :D.
and yeah, i too use the A80.

dun have letter H leh???

those icons type cannot change ISO ....

Fast Shutter Speed: maximizes the shutter speed to capture fast moving action. CCD sensitivity cannot be selected, and will increase to allow a faster shutter speed.

Slow Shutter Speed: is intended to capture images showing a flowing movement by forcing a slow shutter speed. Camera sensitivity is here also set to maximize the effect of the slow shutter.

Souphamster said:
dun have letter H leh???

those icons type cannot change ISO ....

Fast Shutter Speed: maximizes the shutter speed to capture fast moving action. CCD sensitivity cannot be selected, and will increase to allow a faster shutter speed.

Slow Shutter Speed: is intended to capture images showing a flowing movement by forcing a slow shutter speed. Camera sensitivity is here also set to maximize the effect of the slow shutter.
it's not on the dial..

press function...then change the single frame shot icon to the high-speed frame shot. I think it's 2.5 fps...at least it's getting a few frames rather than a single high speed frame. set to aperture 2.8 and ISO400 (i think A80 could set to this ISO for high speed shots, forgot liao, must check manual)

another way is to set the aperture to F2.8 (at Wide) or F4.9 (once you zoom) and shoot according to moment that the model stops to pose...for single frame shots.

it'll take the A80 abt 1-2 secs to focus in low-light conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.