Singapore Web Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhaimig

Oct 30, 2002
Central
Has anyone has experience on who operate a web hosting locally that the price are reasonably cheap. Web hosting is to have your own web site registered in their server. (Mind my IT language) What I know there are some company are charging their client at $25.00 per month. Thks.

Cheers.:cool:

You might find this forum useful:

Singapore Web Hosting Talk

Basically, you can get web hosting as cheap as five dollars a month, but you'd be scrimping on features. On the other hand, you might not even need those features that won't be offered at that rate (such as MySQL).

It helps to know first what you need your server to have, and how much space your site will require, how much bandwidth you think you'd be consuming per month, etc. :)

I do host cheaply at 12$/mth for 200mb of storage and 5emails. :D

Don't just look at the price, try to take a look at their uptime too. If you go too cheap (ie S$5/month), you risk reliability. Never scrape the bottom of the barrel.

That said, you can PM me or click on the WWW button right under this for more details. ;)

Price factor important but please read through their SLA first before commit yourself into them. Too many web hosting company come and go. Dont flame me, just my 2 cents count.

Originally posted by pcman
Price factor important but please read through their SLA first before commit yourself into them. Too many web hosting company come and go. Dont flame me, just my 2 cents count.

What is the meaning of SLA?

Originally posted by suhaimig

What is the meaning of SLA?

SLA would be for Service Line Agreement or something to that effect. Basically, its a promise that providers make to clients that their clients that their servers are guaranteed to be up at least 99.5% of the time, for example.

You'll most likely find SLA only from these more expensive hosting companies, as the margins from the lower end of the market won't allow such promises to be made.

Also look out for the period that is calculated and what the providers define as downtime, and how you would be compensated should downtime over the specified limit occur. Note that many SLA's promises are for unscheduled downtime.

For example, if a host offers you 99.5% uptime guarantee, this gives them 7.2 minutes of downtime a day or 3.6 hours a month, or 43.2 hours a year. Note that unless you are willing to pay for it, uptime guarantees over 99.5% are rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.