Singapore skyline 1929 vs. 2009 - 80 years of change

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooseberry

Mar 11, 2004
Central West
This is apparently an image of Singapore circa. 1929 (the Fullerton building was officially opened the year before in 1928)

3355119763_15a1a879ec_o.jpg

This is a photo I took this morning from a similar vantage point (taken a bit to the left and from a slightly lower position than the above image)

3355119709_3164b18517_o.jpg

And finally, the full skyline in colour

3355938730_02bfbe2ed6_o.jpg

Very nice colours, pity about the left side of pic. IR getting built, otherwise the skyscrapers look great.

Very nice colours, pity about the left side of pic. IR getting built, otherwise the skyscrapers look great.

my sentiments exactly .. but ! it's gg to be up real soon .. so i guess we'll juz have to stay tuned.

Nice and interesting.. I like the full skyline in colour most :thumbsup: what time did you take the pic? Thanks for sharing!

Thanks all...

santaclaus2100, yeah, I was contemplating whether to include those two buildings being built on the left or not, decided to include them to provide an element of continuous change in the skyline.

engta, this was taken around 8+am in the morning. Wanted to take it a bit earlier (with the sun lower), but there were some clouds around and the sun didn't appear from behind the clouds until after 8am

I love the last one, was is taken from Marina South? The reflection looks great, what was the settings used on this pic? :)

I love the last one, was is taken from Marina South? The reflection looks great, what was the settings used on this pic? :)

Thanks, it was taken in front of esplanade. settings were iso 100, f/8 and 6 seconds (yeah, used an ND to increase the shutter speed)

erm.. thats not part of the IR . :)

Lovely photo of the skyline for the last photo! Love blue is so pretty! The reflections are great. :)

The 2nd black and white photo looks good also but still prefer the colored version more though. Thanks for sharing with us the progress of Singapore! ;)

Lovely photo of the skyline for the last photo! Love blue is so pretty! The reflections are great. :)

The 2nd black and white photo looks good also but still prefer the colored version more though. Thanks for sharing with us the progress of Singapore! ;)

Thanks starysnow.

Status
Not open for further replies.