Singapore River Raft Race 2006 Canoe Polo - 07 Jan 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

actionman

Mar 22, 2004
www.flickr.com
Hi everyone, here are some pictures taken during the SRRR canoe polo on 7 jan 2006.
I don't do water sports but I do find canoe polo fun, exciting and entertaining.

I don't have the names of the players but if anyone knows them can I ask u to PM me their
identities so that i can improve on the captions! thanks!

IMG_3694.jpg

Player #3 of Ngee Ann Polytechnic (red) having the upper hand against
his opponent from Singapore Polytechnic's Team C

IMG_3557.jpg

#3 player from NUS 4 (blue) takes a second to ponder over his options before his
opponent from Singapore Polytechnic's Team B closes down on him.

IMG_3766.jpg

NUS 1's #1 player (yellow) shelters the ball from his opponent from
Singapore Polytechnic's Team C

IMG_3730_1.jpg

#9 player of Ngee Ann Polytechnic's Love Is Instant *(red and white)
making a last ditch effort to keep possession of the ball away from his oppoents from NUS 2.

IMG_3756_1.jpg

#8 from Redtide 1 (red) attempts to make himself available for a pass
from his teammate during the match against Singapore Polytechnic's Team Rookies

IMG_3791_1.jpg

#1 player of Temasek Polytechnic's Team 2 denying his opponent, from NTU 2, of the ball

IMG_37731.jpg

Player #6 of NUS's Team 1 (yellow) getting ready to block an attempt
on goal from his opponent of Singapore Polytechnic's Team C.

IMG_37691.jpg

Both #6 players from Singapore Polytechnic's Team C and NUS 1 contest for the ball's possession.

IMG_3857.jpg

Singapore Polytechnic Team B's #3 (red) player attempts
to create a pass in the match against Temasek Polytechnic Team 1

the only way i noticed to clear up the background, is to crop VERY tightly. of course it may not be your preference. main challenge i personally find from this shooting, is to get the faces of both players during the tussle over the possession.

sehsuan said:
the only way i noticed to clear up the background, is to crop VERY tightly. of course it may not be your preference. main challenge i personally find from this shooting, is to get the faces of both players during the tussle over the possession.

i do share ur idea on cropping tightly. however sometime when i try to crop a bit tighter, i may have to crop out an arm or canoe stick...

I also agree with u on the challenge of getting the faces of both players during tussles. My timing is still not good enough to ensure that their faces appear in the frame most of the time. The splashes and droplets of water most certainly don't help to improve things too...

Looks fun! :think:

actionman said:
yeah fun!!! photographing sports is a fun thing to do too! :)
I used to go for kayaking... And I'll bring my waterproof bag along... But there was once it just..... :cry: Then my Canon Powershot A10 and handphone gone case liao... Lesson learnt: make sure you use the original waterproof casing unless you dare to risk your camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.