Singapore PM's salary stuns White House official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirror Mirror on the wall!
Who is the happiest man of them all?

Mirror: Mr Bush...he will be the happiest man on earth.

:bigeyes: Two third of Bill Gate and Warren Buffet salaries.

Wednesday April 11, 10:38 AM
Singapore PM's salary stuns White House official
ADVERTISEMENT

AFP Photo

A senior White House official on Tuesday admitted he was floored by the news that Singapore's prime minister earned five times more than US President George W. Bush.

"I'm going to emigrate and run for office in Singapore," the official said on condition he be identified only as "a senior administration official who sits in disbelief after reading that story."

On Monday, the Singapore government had announced a fresh 25.5 percent pay hike for Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, boosting his salary to 2.05 million dollars per year.

Bush gets paid 400,000 dollars per year for doing his job, according to the White House.

Combined with personal investment income, he and his wife Laura reported 618,694 dollars in taxable income in the 2005 fiscal year. They had to pay 187,768 dollars in federal taxes.

But maybe Bush shouldn't feel so bad. The Singaporean's paycheck is eight times fatter than Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/070411/1/47qxy.html

For the ill informed, search Google to find out the truth about the Busy family. What clever business tactics they have! What utter rubbish... How about CIA being booted out in the 60s in Singapore for attempting to do something here. America...clean up your own house before making comments like these. Your president can have a lot of overseas business ventures, and make lots of money using smart loopholes in the American law (Hell, he has a hand to pass some of these) ... and make many more millions... and you are complaining for what??? A mere S$2+million made by PM Lee.

Even anti-American sentiments aside...

If you don't like it, maybe Bush can apply to be PM here. What rubbish. He will most likely end up with some opposition party. Bleah. Sorry guys, I am Singaporean and I love my country. I don't buy the US nonsense comments. Floored my backside. Red, white and blue with envy is more like it.

The PM deserves what he gets. He runs a bloody country. Some folks who runs a company in Singapore makes a WHOLE LOT MORE.

Let's have some "standard" here can? The whole world is reading this. This is the frigging internet. If you cannot support your leader, leave. There are policies which I question too, I am not some pro-government asswipe. But bottom line is, this is about my leader of the country I belong to, and I don't think it is a good idea to whine like some sorry loser online.

I am sorry if I step on some toes over here about this. But look at the overall picture everyone, and I think this bitching online has to stop for everyone's sake. And sanity.

Don't give the world a chance to laugh at Singaporeans.

if u can comment about other ppl's farms, then be assured that yours will be commented on as well.

of course, i am proud of what our farm has become, oso worried that how long can such good weather last. Told to save our grains for flood and drought, but from front door in, side door out.

Sure! we can be proud of our farm, and not say a word, other than working hard for it.
But in the end, what is my life worth? I break my back, just to satisfy some other animals, who might work as hard as me when we are in the same farm?

I always believe that those on top should be fair, n always be fair. U are up there for the purpose of the rest, if you can't be honorable and selfless, then maybe it's not for u to be up there.

That is a very strong statement IMO. Is that how our government run this country? Cannot agree, LEAVE! :bigeyes:

You know what I miss about Singapore? The strength of the older generation. Those old ladies who are still around, toiling day and night in Chinatown with their trolleys picking up cans. Some of them have children who are someone in the society. But it is their strength that made Singapore today. Sure, they whine too... but do they do that so much to the point where it gives the rest of the world a chance to laugh at us.

If it makes any sense or can get into your head.... we are POSTING ON THE BLOODY INTERNET.

If it makes any sense or can get into your head.... we are POSTING ON THE BLOODY INTERNET.

agrees. LOL
this one not some online gahmen support website. Even if got minister read this forum...i dun see how much would change the entire situation. kakaka

-wonders aloud what microcosm's previous post has to do with the gahment running this country at all-

-decides that maybe microcosm has intense leadership qualities and there are many confused people who would love to see him steer singapore into a new age-

-also realises that he might have a talent at mime! $$$ charlie chaplin!- <3 <3 <3

Actually I wanted to start the similiar thread yesterday after some surfing to find out other country PM/President's pay but scare Wolfgang will end the thread! :sweatsm:

-wonders aloud what microcosm's previous post has to do with the gahment running this country at all-

-decides that maybe microcosm has intense leadership qualities and there are many confused people who would love to see him steer singapore into a new age-

-also realises that he might have a talent at mime! $$$ charlie chaplin!- <3 <3 <3

Boing :rbounce:Boing :gbounce:Boing... doesn't matter anymore... we have posted enough to be made clowns anyway...

night86mare for PrimeMinister! We can out-talk-cock any conflicts and end wars... the enemy will be confused.

Simple, He says if you don't pay up, Singapore girls will have to prepare to become maid overseas.;p

Ayio... Why he said that for ???

:angry:

I always exercise my rights properly, just that I hope every Singaporeans exercise theirs properly too!

66.6% just signed them a blank cheque :heart:

Its harder for politicians (in america) to hide skeletons where there are independent press.

Hey comm'on, give us some room to whine.

It's not good for our mental health bottling up all these frustrations and tax increase. We are

humans, not robots. Anyway, we can't do anything much. Just let us comprains lar ;(

If cant even air our grievances online.. This is really a demoncratic society

Dun like what you read here just leave the thread lor

Wa, it's 1630 only, outside is so dark I thought it was 1830 at least.

Yay! Still have time to watch Munich again! Lovely show! =)

-realises why he has been online for so long. he wanted to post his Vistaquest APAD photo and has been sitting on it for 30 minutes after DP started that blasted interesting Kopitiam thread-

Bye!

For the ill informed, search Google to find out the truth about the Busy family. What clever business tactics they have!

Hey cool it, this isn't the only forum that people post to make the whole world laughed at us.
At least the truth of the Bush family is on the net. Try searching ours. What we know are all from textbooks and biography. Try asking the older generation on some dark secret of sg past.

In case anyone thinks it is both easy and funny to mock moderators...

You can have your jibes and your bit of fun but it honestly doesn't say alot about you. Do you honestly think we take pleasure in doing what we do, day in day out, getting calls/sms/pm/msn msg regarding this post and that post? Most of us have a day job and coping with the rigours of our own daily workload is already sufficient.

I honestly have no idea what is wrong with a certain group of people here. Let me put this across very clearly.

No further postings about the civil service pay raise or any discussion alluding to this issue is welcomed here.

I consider this a very simple and basis request. However, should anyone require any form of reminders, I would be quite happy to direct you to the TOS of CS.

Should anyone wish to discuss this matter or the issue of the pay raise, kindly take it somewhere else. This is a PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM.
If you wish to whine, go else where. This is not the forum for such discussion.

Let this serve as the last warning to one and all.

Subsequent actions will be taken without any further warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.