Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) Unmanned Firefighting Machine (UFM) In Action

9V-Orion Images

Apr 1, 2009
Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
i9BMDC0.jpg

nmO0UJR.jpg

Technochem Environmental Complex, 27 April 2014 Fire Incident [01] [02] [03].

First real world usage of the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) Unmanned Firefighting Machine (UFM) barely a month into its operational deployment.

Very powerful vehicle. 4 hoses in for that power output. Maybe enough to create a wave pool. Ha ha!

Last edited:
Can also use against future Little India riot?
The water mist fire suppression is not particularly effective in protest / riot control due to its low-pressure, low-velocity output capacity as compared relative to a deluge gun or fire monitor also commonly known as a water canon.

In extreme scenario, might want to give this a try...

a5h0FUC.jpg

[video=youtube;uyGDxglTVgA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyGDxglTVgA[/video]
YouTube Video ID No. UYGDXGlTVGA

Ekdl8Hm.jpg

o1TDy5q.jpg

does the UFM broadcast the deejays on UFM 100.3 while fighting fires? :bsmilie:

The water mist fire suppression is not particularly effective in protest / riot control due to its low-pressure, low-velocity output capacity as compared relative to a deluge gun or fire monitor also commonly known as a water canon.

In extreme scenario, might want to give this a try...

a5h0FUC.jpg

Wow, v nice... :eek:
I'd believe it if you say it can transform too.

Wow, v nice... :eek:
I'd believe it if you say it can transform too.
Ov7i1Xg.gif

[video=youtube;IVrTNMIwxxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVrTNMIwxxs[/video]
YouTube Video ID No. IVRTNMIWXXS

It is known as the "Big Wind" or "Windy", essentially a pair of Tumansky R-11 F-300 (R-37F) turbojet engine originally used to power the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 fighter aircraft mounted on the chassis of a World War II Soviet T-34/85 medium tank, later iterations that are seen today is based on a pair of Tumansky R-25-300 turbojet engine also originally used to power the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 fighter aircraft mounted on the chassis of a T-55 (VT-55A) Armoured Recovery Vehicle (ARV).

Used by MB Petroleum Services (MBPS): MB Drilling Company Ltd (Hungary), a division of the Omanian MB Holding Company (MBHC) LLC to put out Kuwaiti oil well fires set alight by retreating Ba'athist Iraqi Armed Forces (IAF) during the first Persian Gulf War "Operation Desert Storm" as part of Saddam Hussein's scorched earth policy as featured in the 1992 IMAX documentary "Fires of Kuwait".