Singapore Airshow 2014.

Anyone knows whether can take decent pictures of the air show from Changi Village? Was thinking of just hanging ard there to take the pics rather than going all the way to the air show (and save some bucks too). Thanks!

Probably applies to airforce open house later this yr if there is one coming.

I remember last year there was limitation for focal lengeth of the visitor's lens.
They checked every bags and didn't allow lens above 300mm (including tele extender).
Is there any such rules this year?

I remember last year there was limitation for focal lengeth of the visitor's lens.
They checked every bags and didn't allow lens above 300mm (including tele extender).
Is there any such rules this year?

So a 70-200 should be no problem, right?

don't remember there being any restrictions for the airshow. most probably will be the RSAF open house where they'll normally limit to 500mm.

Anyone knows whether can take decent pictures of the air show from Changi Village? Was thinking of just hanging ard there to take the pics rather than going all the way to the air show (and save some bucks too). Thanks!

nope, will have better luck at the ferry terminal, but think that place will be rather crowded. lots of people sent there previously. can use google maps. dependent on the tide on that day, some may even be more adventurous.

don't remember there being any restrictions for the airshow. most probably will be the RSAF open house where they'll normally limit to 500mm.

aaaahhh! you're right! it was RSAF Open House. I mixed up those two!
Thanks buddy!
Sorry sorry, paiseh!

Form Changi Village you unlikely to get anything...

AEROBATIC FLYING DISPLAYS

TNI-AU Jupiter Aerobatic Team, Indonesia Team Aerobatics
RAAF F18-F, Australia Solo Aerobatics
USAF C-17, United States Solo Aerobatics
USAF F-16C, United States Solo Aerobatics
USN MV-22, United States Solo Aerobatics
TNI-AU Jupiter Aerobatic Team, Indonesia Solo Demo Flying

http://www.singaporeairshow.com/aerobatic-flying-display.aspx

Is anyone renting any tele lens for the aerial performance?

I had the 70-200 with me 2 yrs ago and the F16 were all very small.. Contemplating to rent at least a 300mm..

Is anyone renting any tele lens for the aerial performance?

I had the 70-200 with me 2 yrs ago and the F16 were all very small.. Contemplating to rent at least a 300mm..

I plan to rent a 100-400mm.

got my pass. :D

AS14_01.jpg

Kinda bumped that the Blue Angels won't be coming in..

I went to Changi Beach today to catch the rehearsal. Only saw the Black Knights, F-18 solo, F-16 solo and ROKAF Black Eagles. These 4 took up an hour already, dunno how are they gonna squeeze in the others. Disappointed didn't get to see the V-22 Osprey...

Tip: Bring along a second body with wide lens to capture some smoke drawings the Black Knights and Black Eagles draw in the sky!