Singapore Airshow 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Like the shot. So about 300mm should be fine.. ok..

As mentioned earlier, i want to use the Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM Lens.
It weights about 1.3kg? should i bring a tripod and shoot the aerial display? or just hold in my hand like any other lens to shoot?

Btw, are the white canon lens telephoto? what's the difference between a telephoto and normal lens?

As mentioned earlier, i want to use the Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM Lens.
It weights about 1.3kg? should i bring a tripod and shoot the aerial display? or just hold in my hand like any other lens to shoot?

Btw, are the white canon lens telephoto? what's the difference between a telephoto and normal lens?
interesting point....got enough space to deploy tripod?

telephoto is usually reserved for lenses that are in the range of 300mm. More then that is ultra telephoto.

How abt 70-200mm on crop sensor (x1.5) = 300mm ok??

How abt 70-200mm on crop sensor (x1.5) = 300mm ok??

Don't have an example shot to show, but with 200mm, you can still take shot of an aerial display, but the subjects (planes) you are shooting will appear smaller.

HTH.

Don't have an example shot to show, but with 200mm, you can still take shot of an aerial display, but the subjects (planes) you are shooting will appear smaller.

HTH.
well this is what i could get with a 300mm range.
n835728165_1219580_755.jpg

Some Cropping
n835728165_1219579_535.jpg

Aggressive Cropping
n835728165_1219581_938.jpg

Okay. I guess 300mm zoom is okay. but 400mm should be just right.. Although 500mm would be really good.... LOL

Canon 600m/f4 is expensive...

HTH.

hm... is my 1st air shoot... hopefully my 200mm dun fail me :bsmilie:

wonder is polo-T & jean allow during the trade day??

Last edited:
we can always use tele converter for those without the 600mm lens. the daylight should be more than enough for us to shoot even @ f16? but say 200mm x 2 = 400mm shutter speed =1/400s @ f11? seems possible to me.

Teleconverter? Hmm... It extends the range?

If just there to watch the aerial display also must get ticket? Possible to view from Changi beach? Cos I was there for the 2007/08 show and was able to see from the beach FOC. Anyone knows where is best place to catch aerial display free? Want to bring my kid.

My parents will visit me this summer. I want to bring them around in SG and MY. Which BMW car should I use, which seats will be best?

Hope that helps you to review your question. You also might want to have a look at the existing images posted here by other members. EXIF data and comments will show you the equipment. Make your own conclusions.

The airshow is coming...
Want to take the chance to take some good shots.

What body from canon should i use? Lens?

Please advise.

Thanks

Just wondering...got so many Canon bodies that you can decide meh? I was also wondering which camera to use? Will it be my D700 or my D700 or maybe my only D700. Please...bring whatever camera you got. Bring along a long lens for airplane photos and a wide lens for interesting close ups. Choosing a camera usually is a no brainer. Choosing what to take is more important. Everbody can take a snapshot but few can take a photo.

LOL.best view along changi beach. But as close to the exhibition hall the better

if not just get some telecon.

im bringing my 50-200mm swd on my e-3 so with a 2x factor i got a 100-400.

should be sufficient right
hopefully its a bright and sunny day otherwise the the 1~2 stop light reduction on teleconverters can be very bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.